Long term guest protocol

Shirley415
Level 1
Lakewood, CO

Long term guest protocol

Hi Community,

I'm a full on newbie with and just had a party book for two weeks.  We're not on-site hosts and I have a couple of questions:

How often should I check in to see how they're doing without being intrusive?

Of course I'll keep them stocked with TP, but do I continue to provide shampoo, coffee, creamer, etc. for the entire two week stay? If so, do I wait until they inform me they need additional items?

I don't know any other hosts and am on my own here so I appreciate your input

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would just check up with them to make sure they have checked in successfully and then check in after a week and the day before check out. @Shirley415 

You don't need to keep a separate listing stocked with toilet paper , coffee, tea, oil etc.

Just put in starter supplies. And let them know where the local shop is for top up supplies (unless you are in the middle of nowhere and then you might want to put enough in for the duration).

I normally change bedding every 5-7 days, if you have a remote listing and have a washing machine, give them enough bedding to change the bedding and towels half way through their stay. 

Have a look and see if there is a local host group and read through Airbnb Help which has all the basics around managing your listing.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Come on hosts _ Please answer this question as I am also new to hosting (6 months in) and would like to know the answer!!!!