Looking for Data Analysis of a Specific Neighborhood

Azime0
Level 1
Istanbul, Turkey

Looking for Data Analysis of a Specific Neighborhood

I am an assistant to a host candidate for Airbnb. My boss and I are planning to buy a property and renovate it perfectly suitable for an Airbnb house. To be able to choose a reasonable neighborhood in İstanbul, I kindly request help. If it is possible, I need the data of Airbnb customers in İstanbul (Turkey) that belongs to the recent past so that we can generate our business plan. I am not looking for any contact number or mail address of any customer. That would be very helpful if one of you can tell me how can I provide the data or from which website? I've found some websites and analytics on the net, but I can't decide if they are up to date or confidential. Or can I provide this information from Airbnb? 

I basically want to learn:

The average age of customers who choose to stay in İstanbul 

Most preferred locations in İstanbul 

The average length of stay of the customers

Length of peak season and what months it covers

The average income of the hosts in İstanbul... etc

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Azime Ak

4 Replies 4

@Azime0  Airbnb is notoriously guarded with its data and does not provide any information like this. However, data-scrubbing sites such as AirDNA use externally available information to analyze trends and make estimates. 

Thanks  a lot @Anonymous I've seen the website you mentioned, I'll choose to dig Air DNA then. Thanks for your help again. o/

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can also contact Istanbul tourist board and see if they have tourist/visitor footfall data you can buy. Of course factor in Covid has dramatically changed the visitor landscape so a very risky time to buy 

Thanks a lot @Helen3 I'll try it. I'll consider what you said, too.