MTR in Macomb county Michigan

Answered!
Megan1254
Level 1
Roseville, MI

MTR in Macomb county Michigan

Hello all!

This is my first posting so if it is not posted correctly, in the wrong area, etc, please let me know!

Has anyone had luck with the 30+ night bookings in Macomb county? The city I am in has the more strict regulations prohibiting the shorter term rentals and I have mixed feelings on giving the midterm rentals a try. 

I’m doing renovations at the moment and had planned to rent it out traditionally, so will still need to furnish it- which is okay if it could be reasonably successful but an nervous and was hoping for some feedback or if anyone else had experience with it. 

Thanks in advance for any input! 

1 Best Answer
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Megan1254, and a huge welcome to the Community Center! 🤗

What's making you nervous/worried about Hosting MTRs specifically? I've found some guides here on MTR's and I hope they'll be useful:

Things to consider before hosting monthly stays

Setting new Hosts up for success with longer stays
 Responsible hosting in the United States

Simple ways to delight guests during longer stays

I'll keep my eyes out for Hosts in the Michigan area and head back to tag them here! If you can't find an answer here, you can always check out you Local Host Club too! 

Come back and share your renovated place too! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Megan1254, and a huge welcome to the Community Center! 🤗

What's making you nervous/worried about Hosting MTRs specifically? I've found some guides here on MTR's and I hope they'll be useful:

Things to consider before hosting monthly stays

Setting new Hosts up for success with longer stays
 Responsible hosting in the United States

Simple ways to delight guests during longer stays

I'll keep my eyes out for Hosts in the Michigan area and head back to tag them here! If you can't find an answer here, you can always check out you Local Host Club too! 

Come back and share your renovated place too! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Rebecca! 

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and all of the information! I appreciate it so much. 🙂 

My nervousness is just in terms of its a descent market for it. It's not a touristy area so I don't think it has a gleaming projection for success, but it is pretty close to downtown Detroit, which they are making great strides to revitalize, so it could do okay. There are several area hospitals so I'm thinking perhaps could be marketed to travel nurses or those coming to the area for temporary work (which I don't think it would be a huge market for aside from hospital workers). 

Mostly, my reservation is expense related. It will be costly to furnish. Which is okay if it will be reasonably successful. I love decorating and think hosting could be really fun but also don't want to lose money if it's just a bad location for it. 

I'm going to check out the guides. Thank you so much!