Message during hosts vacation :)

Nevena3
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

Message during hosts vacation :)

Hello ๐Ÿ˜Š
I am going with my family for two weeks abroad for a vacation where I will not always have constant access to the Internet (plane, sailing at sea etc). The calendar is blocked during this period, but I know from experience that at this time of the year I get a lot of bookings for the summer. I can see that there is a possibility to leave message within the Airbnb system that the guest confirms before the booking is complete. Since I have instant booking included, with each new booking I always send a message to the guest with hello or with different answers from the guests questions. Please, do you think it would be necessary for me to add a note in case I am not able to reply immediately, just for my future guests info.
Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 Replies 2
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Nevena3, You could snooze your listing if you are going to be without access for more than 24 hours. When you snooze, your listing will not appear in search result so no new bookings, requests, or inquiries will come through. If snoozed for a short period of time this will likely have a very little effect on your bookings. 

Also, keep in mind that it is not necessary to respond to an instant booking. In my opinion, great hosts respond immediately to acknowledge the booking, but there are tons and tons who don't. You can have an instant book come through and not message the guest for a few days. It is not always expected and that is the beauty of it. The problem will be if you have a request to book or an inquiry that you cannot get to within 24 hours. If you think this will be the case, then I would definitely snooze your listing. 

Nevena3
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

@Emilia42 Thanks a lot you for your reply. I know about the possibility of snooze, but I don't want to use it, but if that's how you explained it to me then it's a lot easier because I will definitely be able to answer every query, not immediately but within a few hours. I hope that these delayed responses will not significantly affect my response rate. I will also put somewhere a little note about period when I'm on vacation.