Minimum head height for renting property in France

Answered!
Neil639
Level 1
Warwick, United Kingdom

Minimum head height for renting property in France

Hi there!

We are considering buying a property in France. It is a very old building and the head height in parts of the kitchen are very low, around 1.9m, where beams go across the room. We have read that ceiling heights ahve to be a miinimum of 2.2m to rent in France. 

Has anyone out there experienced this issue? Are there any exceptions to the rules? For instance if the property is old?

1 Best Answer
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Neil639 

Welcome to the Community Center!

I asked my colleague in the FR Community Center about this topic, and she's provided this topic from last October which you might find useful.

I do also agree with @Helen3's useful suggestion - thanks @Helen3 🙂

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would suggest you start with your local Maire in your location and ask their advice on any minimum heights under their building regs for commercial rentals @Neil639 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

What a most interesting question. I can imagine how some of the oldest of places In Europe has to  cater to certain exceptionally-tall guests (for example the people from Denmark, supposedly tallest on Earth). Here in Belize, we started catering to NAers & Europeans off the bat so made everything 'tall' initially; nonetheless we had to adjust some features and roofs because of their height. Had no idea could be a matter of law.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Neil639 

Welcome to the Community Center!

I asked my colleague in the FR Community Center about this topic, and she's provided this topic from last October which you might find useful.

I do also agree with @Helen3's useful suggestion - thanks @Helen3 🙂

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines