Must I honor a special offer?

Must I honor a special offer?

Hello, long story short I've had a guest let the 24 hour period expire twice on a special offer. I was already not 100% about doing it due to their poor communication and attitude and now I am just not comfortable sending it a 3rd time. Must I honor it or will I get in trouble if I decide not to?

8 Replies 8
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Sandra4095 

Many guests tend to auction with their hosts.

Now, whenever I send a special offer I say that it will be sent only once, its validity period is 24 hours and is not extendable.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Excellent idea. Thank you.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Sandra4095  Why on earth would you want to chase  a guest with " poor communication and attitude" who demands discounts and then ignores your kind offer? It's a good idea to run from trouble, not run after it. No, you will not be penalized or get in trouble. I would not even entertain for a second, a guest like that. I would block them.

Because I am a sucker and people pleaser? Ugh. You are right. 

It's a new year @Sandra4095 . Give it up! Try not to send a single special offer this entire year! Your price is your price. Don't give in and don't let others talk you down.

@Emilia42 You are right! No more. It's such a hassle and as they say, "no good deed goes unpunished."

@Sandra4095 I had a quick peek at your incredibly stunning listing. The price for what you are offering seems amazing, to me, anyway. I don't think anyone should be getting a discount to stay at your listing.

Many hosts will tell you that guests who ask for things, especially discounts, are indicating they will be trouble of some sort. It's a pretty big red flag. 

@Colleen253 thank you so much for your kind words. We just started in November and I guess I'm just anxious. I agree if it starts this way it's probably not going to end well. Your listing is gorgeous too. Thank you for the excellent advice and counsel.