My cleanliness freak is also hearing noises!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

My cleanliness freak is also hearing noises!

The guest that messaged me about the cleanliness  has arrived and has not had any comments about that so far however has been messaging me daily about hearing noises and safely. There’s another unit above them and somebody was staying there one of the nights. It couldn’t be more obvious that there is a unit there and it’s in my listing description. They continued to hear noises after they moved out. The complaint was not about the unit being disruptive, rather the existence of the noise. Today they claimed that somebody entered the space while they were not there. I offered to send the police to check on them  if they feel unsafe. I don’t really know what else to say. 

3 Replies 3
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Shoot, this should have been in host circle

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Inna22 I've moved this one for you, apologies about the delay!

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Inna22 was this the one who sent the "make sure the place is clean and the oven works" message? Ay yi yi.

I would just say "Sorry you have been disturbed by noises. As I offered, I am happy to have the police stop by if you think this is beyond the natural ambient sounds of an urban location with shared walls. I have not had any other guests report a break and enter, and will to have this checked thoroughly for my home owner's insurance, so please let me know when you would be able to meet with the police."

Put the impetus back on them. This is your property so if someone really was to mess with it, you would need to investigate. If its too inconvenient for that to happen, then obviously they can't feel that darn unsafe.