Need tax advice

Ruthanne3
Level 1
Peoria, AZ

Need tax advice

Hi fellow hosts, I am in Phoenix AZ and paying taxes for the first time this year. Any tax person to recommend who is knowledgeable in airbnb tax rules? I am only renting out a room, so not sure how deductions would work? Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ruthanne3, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center 😊

I am reaching out to some fellow hosts in Phoenix, AZ, to see if they would like to share some recommendations with you: @Jennifer3640 @Timothea0 @Amber538 and @Jeremy561 

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Yes that would be great thanks!

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Ruthanne3  Any competent CPA should be able to handle a tax return with AirBnB income included. It's truly not rocket science. There aren't any particular AirBnB tax rules, it's simply rental income. It's up to you to track your numbers for utilities, etc.- all expenses associated with running your home. The rest of it is based on those numbers, and the percentage of your home that's used for the AirBnB. 

Hosts ask this all the time in this forum, and my answer is always the same. Any CPA- no special skills needed- can do this. 

Ok great thanks!