New Licencing law in Scotland

Answered!
Tara852
Level 1
Coatbridge, United Kingdom

New Licencing law in Scotland

Hi 

I am, looking to host in Scotland and trying to apply for the licence.  I have a four bedroom detached house and I am asking for some advice from anyone who has applied and received the licence.  

Is there a template for the fire risk assessment that is required for the licence.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TP

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tara852 ,

While other members chime in to help you out on your post, I am sharing this article that briefs a bit about: Responsible hosting in the United Kingdom. Here are a few pointers I am pasting for your convenience :

• Prior to applying for a license, you should also check if your listing requires planning permission or if the local authority has implemented a Short Term Let Control Area - which for most second home Hosts will mean you will need to obtain planning permission before obtaining a license. For more information on the new short-term letting rules in Scotland, go to the Scottish Government's website or Visit Scotland's website.

I hope it helps a bit!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tara852 ,

While other members chime in to help you out on your post, I am sharing this article that briefs a bit about: Responsible hosting in the United Kingdom. Here are a few pointers I am pasting for your convenience :

• Prior to applying for a license, you should also check if your listing requires planning permission or if the local authority has implemented a Short Term Let Control Area - which for most second home Hosts will mean you will need to obtain planning permission before obtaining a license. For more information on the new short-term letting rules in Scotland, go to the Scottish Government's website or Visit Scotland's website.

I hope it helps a bit!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Tara852 I was given a Word doc by the firm that carried out my fire assessment. I cant attach that but found a PDF of it here STLLicensingFSChecklistV1.0 (clacks.gov.uk)