New Winter release just came out today!

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

New Winter release just came out today!

Hello to all fellow hosts,

Just been onto my listing and have noticed some great changes and it's because of the New Winter release that came out 4 hours ago!  So If you want to see what's changed click below:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-updates/Explore-the-upgrades-in-the-Airbnb-2023-Winter-Re...

All the best

Joëlle

100 Replies 100
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you @Dora676 ! I will keep you posted once I have something to share🌻.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Dora676 @Joelle43 , this indeed looks like a bug and has been reported to the relevant team. Thank you for sharing these details with us!

-----

Hi @Bhumika, indeed, as we presumed, it's a bug. Thank you for reporting it to the relevant team. I thought of updating the community in the meantime.

I started to try your advice - to remove all photos and add them again, hoping that might reset things. But it seems I have to deactivate my profile to remove all photos? That seems a bit too risky, with 20ish upcoming bookings in quick succession.

This bug has been affecting us for about 6 days and we have at no point been offered a timeframe for getting this fixed from CS. Is it a few days or hours or do we wait for the full Winter Release at the end of January? They were kind enough to offer me a 75 EUR voucher, which is appreciated a gesture, but also less than the cost of 1 lost night.

At the end of the year, we invest in social media ads to support our business during the tricky winter months ahead. Every year so far, we've filled the slots in the pre-Christmas period. Now, unbeknownst to us, we've been wasting money sending visitors to a page that just doesn't work. 

We don't use any other platforms apart from Airbnb. We put a lot of effort into hosting, managing this tiny house, and I think it's reflected in our reviews and visibility on the platform. Never had a problem like this before.

Steve3444
Level 2
South Hobart, Australia

Hi @Dora676 and @Bhumika,

I have the same bug (white screen when try to view photos) and reported it on 12/12/23. After a set of standard replies suggesting the problem was on my end, the support person eventually verified that it was a bug (on 13/12/23). I asked why AirBnB do not have a policy for dealing with service failure compensation. We have definitely lost bookings and had to put on specials to attract people back (I assume the only ones booking are the ones with the  app which seems to work for some, website access is broken, see https://www.airbnb.com/h/lynmouthcottage). It is certainly not an option to close my account or delete all the photos and re-enter them.

The support chat closed the conversation on 15/12/23 and I have heard nothing. Seems pretty poorly managed.

BTW, I did not opt in to early release, I did click the “Create photo tour” for my listing (annoyingly, once created you cannot undo that), we think that was the trigger for the bug.

Pretty frustrated and looking at boosting our bookings on other platforms.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Dora676 @Steve3444 ! Our super awesome Host @Joelle43 noticed earlier that the blank screen does not appear anymore when using desktop browser. I just double checked your profiles and could see the photo tour😍.

Do let us know if it appears to be solved for you or if you're still facing this bug!

-----

Hello @Bhumika@Dora676@Steve3444@Joelle43,

I am writing not because I have a blank screen (that I know of) but because my cottage doesn't show up in a search in my area.  Specifically putting in things that would make it come up, it does not.  

Here is my listing   htpps://airbnb.com/h/mouse-house

My other issue is with the number of beds/sleeping spaces I have.  I also accidentally got shoved onto the winter release, and now after changing my double bed into a queen bed, it thinks I have two beds!  

I have called Customer Support 25 times and gotten the same non-responsive "help" as the rest of you.  I show them via screen sharing what the issues are, they politely listen and then say they will get back to me.  Then I get a message in the middle of the night saying that they are closing my case.

I don't know what to do.  There are many bugs in this new program and no one to help us.  My calendar is empty (the blocked dates are family coming to visit).  One booking in Feb. that's all, and it's repeat customers, so they know where to find me.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Margaret

Hello @Margaret906 

I did a private search for your lovely cottage and although there are over a 1000 listings being offered, you came up on the very first page and in second position💪  Good news there at least!  I put in my search the town, 2 people and dates that were available in January with your three day minimum stay

Now onto the bed situation.  Your listing shows the queen bed in the bedroom ✔️ and also a doubled bed in shared spaces.  Is this part wrong and you would like to take the bed out?  Or do you also want to delete from your listing this share space too so that only the bedroom shows up in the "where you'll sleep"

If you want to delete the double bed, from the photo tour, click on that shared space and under sleeping arrangements, adjust the type of bed to zero.  At the very bottom, you'll see "delete room or space" with a bin sign and this will remove this space if this is what you want.

If you need any help let me know😊

Joëlle

@Bhumika I have been facing same issues as well and have been back and forth with customer support for the past two weeks. Can we get this prioritized somehow please? There are also few other accounts affected and all the leads are turned down because of this 😞 
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1016651436454587183

Or can they at least turn back the old photos version until they fix the bug?  being in a tech corporate myself, this is very unprofessional without giving alternate options.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Dora676 @Joelle43 , Just wanted to clarify and confirm that if a Host has once opted in to Early Access, you can’t go back to the version of Airbnb you had previously.

-----

Hi @Bhumika . Understood. And thanks for the update. I also wanted to say again that I did not opt in to early access. My co-host did (who wanted early access for his own separate listing.) Somehow I ended up also getting the new features, without opting in myself. I don't think that is how this is supposed to work.

Hello @Dora676 @Steve3444 @Bhumika 

I have good news for you Dora and Steve this morning as the bug has been solved and I can see your photo tours from my computer😍  Phew! Just in time for Christmas🍾

My best wishes for this end of year season
Joëlle