New listing after 3 years

Answered!
Faisal10
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

New listing after 3 years

Hi im thinking of try airbnb again after 3 years on a full house in UK. Can you tell me what has changed and any advice 

1 Best Answer

@Helen3 is so right! So much has changed it would be hard to capture it all in a post. The one thing I would like to mention is that as Airbnb has gained traction,  there have been many many new listings creating a lot of competition.  We have found that it can help tremendously if you have something that makes your home standout amongst the others.

For example, we are based out of Florida in the USA. A 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house, even if nice and updated, will have a very hard time competing with a 3/2 that has a pool. People come here to be outside, not to stay inside of the Airbnb. 

If your home doesn't have a standout feature, consider something like: A hot tub, nice game room, incredible outdoor amentities, etc. These will all have an upfront cost, but your long term gain will be well worth it.

Good luck as you get back into hosting! It's so rewarding!

Cheers,

Stay Local Vacation Rentals

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Many things have changed over the last three years in terms of updated T&Cs. @Faisal10 

Have a look at the Airbnb Help Centre to familiarise yourself with key issues such as IB, Cancellation policies, Airbnb Guarantee, Service Animal Policy, Host Cancellations etc.

Also look at the proposals for STR regulations for England on the government website.

And finally look at the Airbnb summer release 2023.

Faisal10
Level 1
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thank you Helen will take a look soon. I will keep my options open on renting as a short hold tennancy if no longer profitable. I like Airbnb because I can see and maintain house regularly. 

@Helen3 is so right! So much has changed it would be hard to capture it all in a post. The one thing I would like to mention is that as Airbnb has gained traction,  there have been many many new listings creating a lot of competition.  We have found that it can help tremendously if you have something that makes your home standout amongst the others.

For example, we are based out of Florida in the USA. A 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house, even if nice and updated, will have a very hard time competing with a 3/2 that has a pool. People come here to be outside, not to stay inside of the Airbnb. 

If your home doesn't have a standout feature, consider something like: A hot tub, nice game room, incredible outdoor amentities, etc. These will all have an upfront cost, but your long term gain will be well worth it.

Good luck as you get back into hosting! It's so rewarding!

Cheers,

Stay Local Vacation Rentals