No longer receiving app sound notifications

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

No longer receiving app sound notifications

Ciao to everybody,

today I got 2 requests for information, but for both of them there was no sound notification on my phone.

I am using Iphone with IOS 17.1.2.

I checked settings and apparently everything is okay.

Did it happen also to you?

I called Airbnb Assistance and  they told me to uninstall and reinstall the app, but before doing that I would like to have your opinion

thank you very much

Andrea

33 Replies 33

Hi @Andrea6232 

One other Host posted in CC same issue...see thread:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/AirBnB-app-not-working-on-iPhone-12-Pro-M...

Deleting and re-installing the app seemed to work for her issue.

Actually, this linked response above does NOT deal with the AIRBNB TONE that suddenly went away for many people, including me. I've brought this up to AirBnB but to no avail. 

Anyone figure it out yet???

Hi @Laurie741 

Please see the thread link below for a workaround to add the Airbnb distinctive tone back to notifications. It only works if you elect to receive text messages from Airbnb in your Notifications settings on your account:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/What-happened-to-the-unique-notification-...

I have an iPhone 14 pro and it recently did an update.   Apple deleted my sound notification for Airbnb!   I spent the whole Day on the phone with apple and with airbnb and my sound is still not working on my airbnb notifications.   It pops up but no sound.    I miss that unique airbnb sound!  I am now thinking Apple deleted it and just won't say so.   They want me to buy a sound from iTunes?   They also deleted some of my other sounds and I cannot retrieve my text sound so I have to buy a sound on iTunes for that or pick a stupid sound off their list of free sounds.   Is there a way I can fix my airbnb sound notification?  

Did some more research and looks like the Airbnb Notification Sound in the App is no longer available. There are ways to use the Garage Band App to create your own notification sound for free....but it's a bit complicated.

If you have notifications for mail and messages set on your phone (and you have the Airbnb App notifications ON) then you will still receive a tone when you get an Airbnb text msg or email. However, it will not be the distinctive tone they previously used. @Andrea6232 

Thank you @Joan2709 !

Andrea

Guen0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I was still getting the old sound, but it’s suddenly changed (iPhone 13). Today there is a new sound, but it’s not so distinctive. I’d prefer the old one!

I'm having the same issue. A Verizon tech tried to solve it but said AirBnB, as a third party app, is the only place that can change the SOUND of the notification tone. 

I've brought this up to AirBnB on multiple occasions, not luck yet...

Anyone able to get the old tone back?

Amy2643
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

Same thing is happening with my phone (iphone) with new update. I have tried everything. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling.  I called yesterday but they think it is an iphone issue

I will tey to delete app and reinstall 

Hi @Andrea6232 , @Amy2643 , @Julie5761 

Did some more research and think I found the answer....at least for iPhone running iOS 17.2.1. Once I made these changes on my iPhone 14, I began receiving the Airbnb notification tone again.

Apple added a "Scheduled Summary" in the Notifications Settings. If this is on, then you would have to turn OFF the slider button on any App you DO want to get notifications. Otherwise they are only summarized without a tone.  To correct, go to:

- Notifications

- Set Scheduled Summary OFF

- Airbnb App should then show "sounds, badges" under App name

You could also leave scheduled summary on, but go to Airbnb App and indicate "immediate" by turning the slider OFF. Here is how mine looks and I am receiving the Airbnb tone now. Let us know here if this works for you too as it might help another Host with the same problem:

Notifications.png

IMG_7498.png

Hmmm....that's possible. Are you running iOS 17.2.1?

Did you have the Schedule Summary ON and then turned off? You may have to turn your phone off for several mintues that back on? That sometimes works? Frustrating!

Check your focus settings as well, but I'm sure you already did that. 

I had several messages from a guest tonight. I still did not receive the tone. I am thinking maybe it is the apple watch?  I turned it off and will check tomorrow.