Not being paid by Airbnb

Olga929
Level 2
Commerce City, CO

Not being paid by Airbnb

Hi, I am a new host and I have a guest who stayed in my place for a month. I was paid for that month. My guests asked to extend their stay and paid for 12 more days. Their extended stay is almost over, but I was not paid by Airbnb. When I check stats, it shows that amount as paid. The mortgage is due and I have another guest checking in for a month shortly. I wonder if anybody else has experienced non payment from Airbnb. Should I cancel the next guests' reservation to avoid more problems with Airbnb? Thank you.

2 Replies 2
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Olga929,

Did your guest extend the 12 more days by alteration date request in the same booking? 

or another new booking?

I apologize that I'm not clear-

" I was not paid by Airbnb. When I check stats, it shows that amount as paid." 

Do look into the transaction history, you can find the complete payout, upcoming payment section. 

Then go thought again with the update.

Do consider cancellation by the host will cost the penalty, effect the listing stars ratings and review.

Beside cancellation on short notice, the guest will be frustrating and troublesome to find a new place to stay.

Airbnb is a Trust & Safety platform 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Olga929 I have experienced payout issues with altered reservations and I suppose this may the case with you as well. I had to contact airbnb CS and did get paid eventually. 

You do not say how the extension of the booking were handled. If you did the alteration, the guest needs to accept before the alteration is valid. If the guest initiate the alteration, the host will have to accept. Third option is a complete new booking and this will be paid out like any other booking.

It has also happened that airbnb fails to collect, but in such case you should have been notified.

In my view there is no need to cancel the new reservation and face the penalties that follow a host cancellation.