OSE New registration received?!

Answered!

OSE New registration received?!

Hi to all of you out there.

I am a host and applied for the short term registration on August 16th and still waiting on them to get back to me.

Is here anyone who got already approved? How long did you waited?

Thank you

1 Best Answer
Sophia353
Level 3
New York, NY

Hi, Elisabeth

I'd like to inform here that our application has been approved after nearly five months of waiting.

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43

Hi, Elisabeth

Have you received any updates on your application, or do you know if anyone has been approved recently? The news reports that they have approved only around 10% of all applications.

@Sophia353  Hi Sophia, 

I applied on august 16th and sent 2 emails to their office, asking about the progress, nothing happened for now. I’m still having no registration number. I am on Facebook on 8 different rental platforms, beside that paying for 5 different rental apps, I responded to over 1450 messages but I cannot find people who want my room. The only functional platform is still Airbnb, I got through Airbnb 2 30 days guests. But I’m loosing money, because I have gaps in between bookings and I cannot fill in those 12 days gaps. And I am also paying taxes too, basically renting here for the actual rental price and paying taxes and having gaps of not rented days is killing me. I have many requests from other platforms where people want the room but they do not want to pay in deposit, and if they don’t pay deposit, they do not appear on the day of their stay. Felt 3x for that too. It’s very time consuming and chaotic and random people would always ask to come to your place, I would give the address and they would never come. I would do video tours too. I feel bad because I think our nyc government was not right, they say they have a shortage of 500.000 apartments. Ok, now they edited all places and those places were never affordable first off all. I have same building as mine across me, if empty, my building is empty. The rent is 6k-12k. Can refugees and homeless afford this? But now I talk to people and hear that all this stranded homeless people, who lost their places, go and give in secret hostels. I didn’t know, but obviously there is such thing as shared room living and they are not listed. So now the city has an absolute different problem, they created a monster problem, and it’s secret and not listed anywhere :)) and people like me, I always paid my taxes, my landlord knows everything, I’m about to be homeless myself :))) thank you Eric adams 

All this other rental platforms function only if you rent out for $500 - $900 per month, but my place cost way more. It’s also like a full time job, I’m tired to deal with so many people on my own. And I got almost scammed twice too. Someone from Columbia wanted the room and sent me a deposit, which never arrived on my bank account but they started a drama I have to pay them the deposit back. Terrible and dangerous too, because they have your address. It’s just insane. I never thought I would be so punished for just me wanting a place to live in. It’s hysterical. I do wish people who caused my problems the same same punishment, may they experience the same same anxiety and work amount and being terrified for life. I cannot believe nyc state is doing this to people. They take taxes on a new reinvention all the years and then they just give landlords too much freedom. I do not see how they help anyone. They just made everyone homeless in New York and rich more rich. 

I keep refreshing the latest news about OSE and Airbnb, and I'm still very disappointed. Just like you, I file taxes for every single cent I earn on Airbnb. Many New Yorkers are supporting this stupid law without realizing how hard we've worked to make it a stable source of income. We may not be hotels, but many of us work harder than them.

Their attitude is akin to asking small business owners to surrender their businesses to Amazon or Walmart. It's absurd!

Hi Elisabeth

I can truly empathize with your frustration. While I haven't begun Facebook advertising yet, I'm planning to do so soon since it's a crucial income source for me. I've tried reaching out to OSE through emails, but unfortunately, I haven't received a satisfactory response, they have ignored my emails purposely. Eric Adams has been quite disappointing as mayor, and it's the first time I've felt such strong disapproval.

@Sophia353 as I complained to friends about this issue, they said, I need to go on Facebook. Now I am on Facebook and 8-9 groups later, I er 100 text messages, no one ever appeared here from Facebook users and viewed the room. FB is full of scammers and they only send you automated responses or post links. Also many strange young people who have silly ideas about how they would love to sign a sublease. Some girl requested that her sublease should be signed by extra people. This kids simple don’t know what they are talking about. Also no one of them wants to pay deposit. They don’t even know what deposit is. This kids are not living a reality, some would comment on my postings, that they want this place, but they would never respond again when I follow up. It’s just likes. The meme era there do not convert into reality. It’s all just an idea. 

Diana2344
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi Elisabeth40,

I submitted my application on August 12, but still no answer and I have been calling and emailing everywhere with no answer. Do you have any contact information I can use? Thank you. 

Airbnb should at least let us keep renting with the Application ID number, I mean, it is not our fault the NYC government is not working as expected. 

@Diana2344 @hi Diana,  thank you for coming to this group here and talking about this disaster, it makes me feel much better that I am not alone. As I applied on the NYC website for the registration number they sent me a confirmation email about my application and my application number was listed in this email too. Further below m, there was a link listed, in the same email, which I was using to contact the their office. No one ever responded to me. I only received an automated response, that they are overwhelmed and cannot address every email personally. I’m your confirmation email, you should find a link to their contact. Maybe someone else has other ways how to contact them? Pls feel free to post here. 
I am seriously upset and I would love to tell the authorities what they caused. They didn’t helped homeless and refugees. They made people homeless with this move. 
I was thinking, ok, maybe I can adopt and start working with what we have here, I read on one rental app that the authorities pay rent for a homeless person, so I researched, and it turned out, they I my pay 1 month and after that I thought there will be no way a homeless person can afford such a high rental costs by themselves, also you cannot move them out after 30 days anymore. You will be stuck with a person and no one cares after 30 days for them. I cannot afford that to get stuck with someone.

airbnb is the only functional platform for me, the only downside are the gap days between 30 days bookings. 
and my nerves cannot hold up, and be chill to wait on airbnb to give me the next 30 days tenant, because people book literary on the 30th of the month for the next month. If I would be so sure that airbnb would be able to supply me always a 30 days tenant, I would calm down, but getting the tenants last day, makes me nuts. I have expenses, too much money on this place. Terrible, terrible. I really wish nyc officials and their families same experiences they do to us. I have been losing my sleep, dealing with homeless and Colombian and Russian scammers. And they know where I live. One Russian couple, I did a video apartment viewing for them, it was even not clear to me if they are in america or not, they asked me, if they can send some people to view my place, I said, no, I don’t want anyone coming here and view my place, I almost need a bodyguard to be with me wile showing my place. Also the Russians requested from me a picture of my ID they said, they doubt I am real person. They also wanted me to give them a phone number of my landlord. I gave them a phone number of my landlord and his name 🙂 I refused to send people without papers a picture of my ID. 
this is with what I am dealing now. Terrible and dangerous 

Zeta5
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi, Elisabeth 

I am a long term host in BK and applied the registration around the same time like yours.

could you kindly advise if you have any update about application so far ? 

Thanks so much for your time and kind assistance, Elisabeth

Hi dear @Zeta5 , thank you for joining my posting here. I appreciate you coming here. I am logging in myself almost daily onto the OSE/ city website to check the status of my registration. At the moment it says “In progress”, but I am not sure now, if it always said, that it was in progress or it it something new now. I really hope we all will be back to normal. I am feeling with you together. Thank you for coming here. 

Thanks so much for your quick response, Elisabeth. I did receive an email confirmation with my application ID #. I also received a response from the mayor’s office to confirm my application back in Aug when I emailed that I couldn’t add my apt # through the registration application process. 

but not sure why, whenever  I followed the track link to check the status, it only shows a blank page with no info or update… so I’m not even sure the actual status of my application. I am more nervous that the staff at the mayors office might make some mistakes during the system updates process with info changes when my apt # was added to my application back in Aug. 

I’d appreciate if If you or anyone who might be able to answer my questions about the lack of status updates on the application page. 

thanks a ton !!

@Zeta5 I know, isn’t it terrible! Unbelievable disrespectful and just terrible service on a cities side. I emailed twice the makers office and they never responded to me. I am so disappointed, our officials are mistreating us, they make us homeless and endanger us. With this law, the Maher made a huge problem, Now everyone who was registered on Airbnb is floating around on some I known platforms and  deals with scammers. I do wish everyone of them the same same personal experience they do to us. So much pain. They literally discarded us and dumped out small businesses as if we are garbage. They didn’t do anything for us all this years beside asking on a new invention, such as Airbnb, taxes. I paid taxes all 8 years and look what they are doing!!!! So disorganized. Are they not ashamed ?

Sophia353
Level 3
New York, NY

They just give me random denial reasons on every resubmition of my application. This time is "the submitted listing offers illegal occupancy, specifically the listing appears to show residential occupancy in the basement or cellar and no documents are available to establish that such use is permitted, and may be corrected by either a) submitting proof of permission from the NYC Department of Buildings to use the space for residential sleeping purposes or b) replacing the listing with one that offers a legal occupancy.**  My house has no basement, and my listing photos show huge windows.

It's akin to asking for proof that your own mom is indeed your mom! ** greedy cold blood politicians!

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Sophia353 you know as more I think about this crazy move what they did to us in New York, I think, it’s criminal. They basically have so much power to destroy your business, everyone’s business. Just deliver them the blue print and ask your landlord to help. Call DOB. They made a mistake, you need to fight. I am so sorry you experience this, I really feel your pain, I am so sorry. I have never seen officials create so much chaos and sorrow in my life. Call you landlord!! He needs to help you, they are profiting from Airbnb all the time. On what way did you got this news from them? Did they sent you an email or mail or did you just randomly saw that on their website? 
i believe they don’t go by pictures, they go by DOB blueprint of the building. You need to get your blueprint, which you can if you pay certain amount of money, I Herr something about it. I believe it cost over $100

The main issue is that they send me denial emails from a non-reply address. This has happened three times now, despite my numerous direct emails to the mayor's office, and I haven't seen a positive outcome, there won't be one in the future as well. They don't deny your application directly, they give you "hopes", but there always will be a reason to give you pending denial. They will ignore all of your direct emails and call messages. It's the first time in 17 years of ownership that I'm considering selling my house. Did you receive the email from Con Edison? The cost of electricity will be increased 14% for residents starting this winter, but only 1% for large business. NYC government is slowly sucking blood from its residents. As is often the case, the middle class will bear the brunt of it!