OSE New registration received?!

Answered!

OSE New registration received?!

Hi to all of you out there.

I am a host and applied for the short term registration on August 16th and still waiting on them to get back to me.

Is here anyone who got already approved? How long did you waited?

Thank you

1 Best Answer
Sophia353
Level 3
New York, NY

Hi, Elisabeth

I'd like to inform here that our application has been approved after nearly five months of waiting.

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43

@Sophia353 Insane, I am still not over it that the city could tax over 8 years and monetize on Airbnb and then they just can shut you down. They could do this to any business. They will be able even to find something on the bodega on the corner if they want too. That’s insane. 

After 2 months I get a denial starting the following:

This email is to inform you that your Short-Term Rental Registration Application with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Special Enforcement (OSE) has been denied for the following reason(s): Pursuant to New York City Administrative Code 26-3102, "No registration shall be issued for the short-term rental of a dwelling unit the rent of which is regulated." Based on information on file with the NYS Department of Homes and Community Renewal's Office of Rent Administration, the rent of the dwelling unit associated with this registration application is regulated.

My unit is a condo that i own. It is NOT rent regulated. 

Can’t get in contact with the OSE office. No response from registration@ose.nyc.gov

@Peter3990 I’m so sad and sorry to hear this Peter. This is just terrible. OMG. Thank you for sharing. I do think this a nightmare. I hope a day will come and it all will be just back to normal. 

Finally got my registration application approved.

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Great news @Peter3990

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

congratulations!!!!  i'm happy for you.

how did you achieve this?

i applied 4 months ago. the status of my application changed today. now this is denial pending. i haven't received any letter yet.

Please give me advice what should i do

Sophia353
Level 3
New York, NY

Hi, Elisabeth

I'd like to inform here that our application has been approved after nearly five months of waiting.

@Sophia353  this are great news Sophia, congratulations 

We're getting the same "cellar or basement" denial. I've provided sequential photos showing that the unit is a garden level apartment. Same denial, plus "listing appears to offer illegal occupancy, specifically it appears to offer an unhosted rental."

How did you get past the cellar denial?

Hello @Dirk336  I also received the cellar denial.  I contacted DOB and they were of no help. Were you able to get thos resolved?

Hello..Sophia353 I'm happy to see you were able to beat them at their own game. Would you mind giving me some directions on what I should do as well. They gave me the same pending denial until March for basement or cellar non dwelling.  I contacted DOB for a certificate of Occupation bit was told there isn't one on file. I don't know what else to do thos loss of income is hurting me.

Hi @Sophia353 would you be willing to contact me directly so that i can ask a couple of questions? Im also a host in new york.

Martine231
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello and any advice?,

I sent my application for the Short-Term Rental Registration Application with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Special Enforcement (OSE) late August 2023. I received a response on December 19, 2023 of Denial Pending ... until March 2024. I am not a lawyer. How can I figure out how to manoeuvre all this?
I wish airbnb could get their lawyers on the case to guide us hosts. Any advice?

Here is the response from OSE:
|

This email is to inform you that your Short-Term Rental Registration Application with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Special Enforcement (OSE) has been reviewed. Based on the existing submission, OSE will deny the application for the following reason: (1) The submitted listing offers illegal occupancy, specifically the listing offers [an entire home rental], and may be corrected by replacing the listing or modifying the listing to offer legal occupancy

(2) the submitted listing appears to offer illegal occupancy, specifically it appears to offer an unhosted listing, and may be corrected by replacing the listing with one that offers a legal occupancy or amending the listing to make clear that the stay is hosted within the unit that is the subject of the application

(3) the legal occupancy of the building appears to be for more than one unit but the application does not specify the unit number applied for, and this may be corrected either by a) providing the specific unit applied for or b) submitting proof of permission from the NYC Department of Buildings to use the space as a single family home

(4) a document submitted as proof of permanent occupancy, specifically [bank statement], does not contain a unit number and needs to be either a) replaced with an acceptable document that displays a unit number should the application be updated to include a unit, or b) supplemented with proof of permission from the NYC Department of Buildings to use the space as a single family home.

Because each of these reasons are correctable, your application will not be denied until at least 3/18/2024. If the issues listed above are addressed by that date, OSE will re-review your submission and determine if the application can be granted.

If at any time before 3/18/2024 you believe the issues have been addressed, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this notice, please contact OSE at registration@ose.nyc.gov and include the reference number above.

Please be aware that as of March 6, 2023, a valid registration is required to conduct short-term rentals, and starting September 5, 2023, short-term rentals conducted without registration will be subject to a penalty or fine.

Sincerely,
The Mayor’s Office of Special Enforcement
--------

Best,

Martine

Felicia273
Level 2
New York, United States

Hi, I applied in December(late) amd got approved around February