OSE New registration received?!

Answered!

OSE New registration received?!

Hi to all of you out there.

I am a host and applied for the short term registration on August 16th and still waiting on them to get back to me.

Is here anyone who got already approved? How long did you waited?

Thank you

1 Best Answer
Sophia353
Level 3
New York, NY

Hi, Elisabeth

I'd like to inform here that our application has been approved after nearly five months of waiting.

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43
Nancy1827
Level 2
New York, United States

Hi, I registered around the same time, and I am still waiting to hear back. I did reach out to a host who received her approval and she mentioned that it took her about four months. She applied back in April and just received her registration number/approval in August. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Hi Nancy, fellow host in Brooklyn. Can you elaborate on how your source got her approval and registration number? I've read some had OSE agents come out to their property and nitpick everything. How much red tape and hoops did your source had to go through to get registered? But generally, no one seems to have gotten their registration number yet (myself included). I'm sure we're all feeling the pain right now. Thank you for your response. - Kin

@Kin529 @Thank you for this great question. Nice meeting you here. Well I informed my landlord and he gave me rent rise for over $500 more per month. Which is crazy. I cannot get my room rented at all, it’s super expensive for even rental price. Im very upset and hope to get this registration number soon but I think that nyc just wants us all to go and camp in the woods in a tent. Im so upset, I am soooo deeply upset. After hosting for 8 years I have to go into the woods myself :))) I don’t think New York wants good for anyone. At the moment I just feel like they want to kill us all with their pricing. I would be just happy at this stage Eric Addams to get on tv and tell us all to leave from New York, I think this is what they want. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

So were you sub letting on Airbnb previously without the landlords permission @Elisabeth40 ? 

My landlord knew always that I do Airbnb. Please do not assume  things. 
pls leave this convo if you want to assume what’s not real. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I didn't assume I was clearly asked a  question.  That's why there is a question mark at the end of my question  😁😁 @Elisabeth40 

and it's not up to you to tell someone whether or not they can post on an international community.

Not an accusation to be used on a professional community because you don't like a question someone asks .

it's a completely legitimate question to ask whether you landlord knew when you said 'when I informed my landlord he gave me rent rise of over $500' .

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

you live in UK not in New York, ** asking you friendly to leave, if you assuming stuff. Or at least if you want to ask questions, you could ask:”is your landlord knows that you are doing Airbnb?!” But the way you are typing it here is an assumption **. Pls leave. And don’t even text back, don’t upset me. 

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Elisabeth40, sorry to hear how tough it's been after the rent rise!

I just wanted to remind that this is a global space where all are free to share their opinions and ask questions. We want to ensure that our Community Center remains a safe and inclusive space for our members and that we treat others respectfully despite differences in opinions, so some comments have been edited as well, adhering to the Community Center Guidelines

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

You know my place is so freaking expensive, no one wants to live in it, if Eric adams thinks he solved the housing shortage issue with banning places like mine, noooo, he just opened more housing for rich people basically. He did nothing for people who are short on housing at all. I’m short on housing myself without Airbnb. No one can afford this. Airbnb was making it possible to live in this expenses. He should ban the affordable places off Aibnb and not places like mine. He cannot regulate places like mine. Noone wants to live with a family in a loft where your electricity bill is $600 per month. 

Jack2465
Level 1
New York, United States

hi Kim,

I applied about in early Sept. Nothing yet. Luckily I was able to  keep my reservations until  Dec 5.

Anybody have ideas about getting around this terrible new law?

Sophia353
Level 3
New York, NY

I submitted my application on June 4th, but I have yet to receive the registration number. So far, I've received two responses after emailing the mayor directly. The first response mentioned that the entire place listing is not qualified, and they also noted that my bank statement must match the floor number of my Airbnb unit. The second response pointed out that I am still offering illegal occupancy, despite explaining that I live on the same floor as my Airbnb unit. It's incredibly frustrating! It seems like they're deliberately delaying the issuance of the registration number until the last minute!

yes, I believe so too, they do it deliberate and meanwhile landlords take advantage of that and rise rents. In my building they are asking for $8k, and more. As I saw that on internet, I was thinking, what person can afford that? I have young hipster crowd about me. Now people started moving out, my floor has for three almost an entire floor empty. They cannot fill in but their pricing is the high. It’s not like the Maher did a favor to people and made affordable great apartments available on the market. 8-12k per month :))) take it, it’s empty!

After successfully evicting an unpaid guest through our diligent efforts, we have decided not to offer our place for long-term rentals due to the lack of city-provided protection. Unfortunately, some hosts have gone unpaid for several years by such guests.

Eric Adams has attributed the increase in apartment rental prices to STR. They have never understood why hosts prefer short-term rentals over long-term options, especially in terms of credibility and safety. The increasing presence of illegal immigrants exacerbates this issue, and we have to suffer the pain. Considering that New York City relies on tourism, and it's important to offer a variety of choices to people.

I am so sorry to hear that you had such headache with the eviction.

I really feel with you. Yes, Yes, this is the biggest problem, outside of airbnb you are vulnerable to squatters. My landlord never told me to stop doing airbnb, I always ask him for an advise, I never wanted to be illegal, I always made it clear to all my neighbors and my landlord that I am doing airbnb. Many of my neighbors do it themselves too. You know if eric adams want really to help immigrants, I applaud it. just he doesn't helps this poor traumatized people by shutting down people like me and leaving me with this crazy insane rental costs alone. My insane rent is definitely not made to help immigrant. If eric adams would ask people like me to accommodate migrant, I wouldn't mind, he just needs to pay their rent to my landlord. But this is definitely not what's happening. In my building places cost starting 6.2k – 12k. And new yorkers know, I am not kidding or making it up. I cannot live at my place myself without airbnb. Eric adams always speaks about house shortage of 500.000 places, but he doesn't understands that we do not have a place shortage, we simple cannot afford this insane rental costs. they buld so much in new york but whenever they are finished with a new building, they put an insane price tag on every place and we walk around williamsburg and ask ourself what do this folks work that they can make 24K per month? they look all not overworked or worried like managers.