Pay Outs

Answered!

Pay Outs

It has been now 25 days that Airbnb has had my payouts on hold for over $20,000. From September 30 up today. I have made 8 international calls from Aruba and spoken to 6 different Super host Ambassadors, and no one could help me. 25 days no money, 25 days that Guests have slept in our rooms, apartments, and Villas, using our linen, our towels, our air-conditioning, facilities, water, and electricity. We got employees to pay, and no Manager or upper Management of Airbnb has the decency to give me as a Super host a call to sort this out. My Account is Verified, and I have supplied all the required other documents. Supervisors are attending the call, but no upper management is reaching out to fix this. We have future bookings up to May 2023 already and they are playing Bank with our money. Who knows what else can be done and what number can be called besides the Superhost phone number? 

Are we the only ones dealing with this issue? How can Airbnb charge the credit card of a Guest we are not getting paid even though the Guests stayed already. 26 days in 42 listings. 

1 Best Answer

@Roxanne167 

Airbnb shouldn't be treating anybody like that, They leave you with no choice but to cancel future bookings and look to other alternatives.

My last couple of bookings the payments have been slow coming, never before everything has been ok,

It could happen to anyone of us I see many accounts being suspended,

The first thing I do when we get a booking is download the details with the phone numbers and add them to a whats app group. 

The one thing I dont like in this situation is the lack of communication, Im just a small fish in a big pond.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Roxanne167 , I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can imagine that must be stressful for you.

I've sent this over to the team now, they'll be in touch with you and if I hear from them in the meantime I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Sybe the amount is now $34,275.58

If not resolved by Thursday, we will start informing all Guests that they need to cancel their reservation with us, as we are not getting paid by Airbnb for previous reservations that stayed with us up to almost a month ago. We have confirmed reservations up to May 2023. This will result in a financial loss for you and us, but we will manage to fill up again through other booking engines. We hope it does not have to come so far, and that Airbnb will finally own up to the responsibility. Your compliance department needs to be revamped, the same as your host ambassadors. Take a look at our account how many message threads have been closed and how many communications we had about this. We kept our business mainly on Airbnb. We had a choice to revert to other booking engines but remained loyal to you. But in all honesty, this is soon to be changed. This is not how you treat your Super Host, for we do our utmost best for us and for you! 

@Roxanne167 

Airbnb shouldn't be treating anybody like that, They leave you with no choice but to cancel future bookings and look to other alternatives.

My last couple of bookings the payments have been slow coming, never before everything has been ok,

It could happen to anyone of us I see many accounts being suspended,

The first thing I do when we get a booking is download the details with the phone numbers and add them to a whats app group. 

The one thing I dont like in this situation is the lack of communication, Im just a small fish in a big pond.

@Sudsrung0 

You are right, we will start emailing all Guests today too to book directly.

Yesterday, I have even emailed the CEO, Brian Chesky. But apparently, AIRBNB is short on cash and is withholding payouts for the number of debts they have and is covering their outstanding debts with our money. We are talking billions here.

Check out this video on YouTube from after Covid and you will understand more:

Airbnb NOT paying hosts??! HOW is THIS Possible?! - YouTube

@Roxanne167 

They dont know anything about suffering, they should have come here to Phuket and see what suffering means, The island was in complete lockdown the airport was shut down,

For 3 months we could only travel in a radius of 6km of my home there were police road blocks everywhere, People queuing up for food handouts. maybe only getting 1 meal a day, business's ordered to shut down with no help from the government.

We are getting back to some normality but people are still suffering with the after effects of covid business's cant recover because of outstanding mortgages and loans.

The last thing you need is Airbnb not paying the host, When really the host should be the first to be paid, the guest has already paid airbnb to rent MY property, Rant over!

Hey @Roxanne167 

We have not heard back from you, did you get it sorted? 

I forgot to write @Sybe . I will copy and paste again:

Hi, I'm a host here in the US. I am experiencing the same issue. I need a way to contact your legal department. My next step will be to file an arbitration and have ABB pay for the fees to do so. Air Bnb did not do sufficient verification checks and a known drug dealer/assault and battery criminal was allowed to book in my home. I am a small woman and have a small daughter. The man was threatening, broke things, left all electrical appliances on and would not leave. I had to call the police and kick him out. This was SIX MONTHS ago. Air bnb was supposed to 'eat the bill' for their mistake. They made wrong notes on the acct, trying to take away their accountability and are just now trying to extract his refund of over $1500 from me. They are basically not paying me for my current guests 'until this is paid back' supposedly. On top of this, there was another guest who needed to change his rsvn from 3weeks to 2 weeks. I agreed to refunding him. air bnb could not get the server to cooperate that day and show that he checked out. I lost more guests because it was showing as occupied when it really was not. On top of that, Air bnb refunded him TWICE from my account, and still will not answer requests to correct this. They subtracted another $1500 from my acct in this way. Then, a recent guest came and left, paying $533- Air bnb withheld THAT payment from me saying I supposedly "still" owed money! Now I have a guest staying for a month- at over $2000 and they are still saying I owe over $2200...even after all of what I wrote prior has been subtracted erroneously. I have been calling for WEEKS and my case just keeps getting closed and reopened under a new thread and passed onto another new person who also does nothing. I've had multiple calls into supervisors with no response. I continue to request a phone call and continue to receive short texts telling me my case has been transferred onto the next person to start all over with it. I am getting the runaround and am now out thousands of dollars! I need a way to contact your legal department. Can you help?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Cindy1139 I'm so sorry to hear about this back-and-forth, that must've been so frustrating! We've sent this over to the team now as well, like I mentioned to Roxanne167 they'll be in touch with you and if I hear back in the meantime I'll let you know.

I want to thank both of you @Cindy1139 @Roxanne167 as well for taking the time to post here and share your feedback. Although we Community Managers don't have access to your accounts, we do know how important feedback is and I'll make sure the teams in question are aware.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I am having the same issue. In my case its been 1 month and only $1,200. What bothers me is the lack of communication. Super Host Ambassadors cant help and they just close the case expecting the other department to solve the issue. A department I can not contact!!! It is frustrating as they dont give a reason for holding my money.