PayPal Payout Fees?

Answered!
Jay18
Level 5
Borgarnes, Iceland

PayPal Payout Fees?

Greetings all,

I am a new host and trying to determine my payput method. PayPal is convenient for me, but wondered if any fees are subtracted from the final payout amount.

As an example, say I have a $100 balance due me from airbnb.com after their fee, host fee, etc.

Should I expect the net $100 to be deposited to my PayPal account, or would there be some deduction(s) and I would receive something less than $100?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

1 Best Answer
Yvonne319
Level 3
Miami, FL

Paypal will NOT deduct fees for payouts from Airbnb to your PERSONAL Paypal account. Your business Paypal account will incur a fee, however. Additionally, fees are applied to any paypal accounts which require a currency conversion. 

Not business, no currency conversion = NO FEE!

Businnes account with Paypal= fee,

Currency conversion with Paypal = fee

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48

I take that back. After my transaction went through there was no fee by PayPal. So I'm not sure what counts as 'purchased goods and services'. Apparently not payment transfers from AirBnB.

Hi all.  So Aaron, is saying no fees associated with using Paypal for payouts.  Can anyone else confirm this?  I'd also like to use Paypal, but not willing to pay them for their service.

Thanks

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Rob303

I have a Paypal business account and a fee is payable on money coming in from sales, I have all airbnb and Tripadvisor payments go direct to my bank for this reason.

Untitled4.jpg.png

That's too bad.  Thanks for the info Jeff.

@Rob303 PayPal does not charge a fee so long as it's a personal PayPal account. A business PayPal account like @Jeff158 and I have will be charged fee's on top of the monthly fee we pay to have it. 

Midz0
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

Check your payout details  in Airbnb and compare what you actualy receive in Paypal. As for me i can attest that indeed theres no fees or charge. Now transfering your balance from Paypal to local bank acount, comes a conversion difference and exchange rate is diffinitely lower..check real time exchange rate!

Amy609
Level 2
Bridgend, United Kingdom

Hi all, 

I have very limited knowledge regarding this but basically used common sense to check a previous transaction. I have just checked my PayPal account and the payout balance I received from Airbnb was that shown in my PayPal account. No deductions were made from PayPay. I have a personal account. 

I hope this helps as I know it can get very confusing. 

Best of luck to you all. 

Kindest regards 

Amy 

Robert962
Level 2
Bluffton, SC

Airbnb indicates fees may apply. So maybe not in all cases (maybe where you are in the world is a factor), but my US based account clearly says fees may apply for PAyPal transfers.

AirbnbPayout.PNG

@Robert962 The fee's are only for PayPal Business accounts not PayPal Personal accounts. I have a Business account I get nailed with fee's if I used that, but if I use my personal account it would be free. 

Hello there,so if i accept to Airbnb to send for example 1000euro to my paypapl account which is personal the net total is 1000euro in my paypal account or 970euro with 3% fees? thank you! please if you check it soon tell me to do this to send my total to my paypal because 3% for much money is money 🙂 thnx

Hi, are you saying you have successful gotten a pay out via Paypal through your personal Paypal account and there's no fees involved.  There's alot of replies with speculations, I just want to know for sure someone has gotten a payout free of fees. TIA

@Robert962 wrote:

Airbnb indicates fees may apply. So maybe not in all cases (maybe where you are in the world is a factor), but my US based account clearly says fees may apply for PAyPal transfers.

There are no fees for payouts from big companies with bulk PayPal payout agreements.  They are depositing to your bank.  Payouts are deposits, not payments.  You can see how they are labeled on PayPal itself (not the same as when you receive a payment from a customer).

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Nikolaos20  You will get whatever the net $'s are after AirBnB's 3% sent to your PayPal with no fee's from PayPal deducted. 

So if the final total of Airbnb from booking is 1000 euro when the money transfer to my Paypal account,the total is again 1000euro without extra fee from Paypal? right? thank you again for your fast answer 🙂

@Nikolaos20  Yes.