Paying US income tax as a non-resident and no citizen

Rafael584
Level 2
Winter Garden, FL

Paying US income tax as a non-resident and no citizen

Hi guys! I'm just having a problem now. I'm Brazilian and I am a student visa in US. This visa has an expiration date, so I'm nor a citizen neither a permanent resident. I opened a bank account here in US and i'm temporary receiving my payouts in US, while I'm here! I don't have lists in US, all of them are in Brazil. I already pay 27% tax in Brazil and now they are withholding 24% for American income tax!! I can't survive like this!! I'm talking by chat, email and phone with Airbnb for weeks! They keep withholding and the worst: I tried to add a Brazilian payout method and receive my money in my country! But Airbnb just erased Brasil in the list of the countries that I can choose to add a payout method!! Every single country is there but Brazil!!! So, they are forcing me to keep paying income tax in US. Are you guys have any clue about this? Now I have 27% tax + 24% tax + 3% fee = 54% of my revenue!!!!!! Impossible to survive! 

1 Reply 1
Rafael584
Level 2
Winter Garden, FL

Just to let you guys know, I turn on my old cellphone that wasn't updated with the last airbnb version and there I could select Brazil! But if you are Brazilian and you are adding a new list and a new payout method, you gonna have this problem! The support is working to solve this bug!