Payment Problem urgent

Ive1166
Level 2
Davenport, FL

Payment Problem urgent

I am superhost more than 3 years  I always receive my payments in USA because my house, my company, my bank financing, my account everthing is in USA

I pay all the taxes in USA fisical and legal persons.

In april.2020 Airbnb  just change the rules and they don t want to pay more in USA they want to pay in my natural country but I can t to receive here and send the money to USA because I need to pay double taxation.

They asking me ID, Passaport or Drive s License in USA I just have ITIN Number.

Someone can help me please to solve. I called Airbnb 3 times, send email and nothing;

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Could you speak to your accountant about this. In which country are you resident. If Brazil, then why not pay tax there instead of US?

@Helen3  I don't know the tax law for Brazil, but she would have to pay taxes in both countries, then. If her rental is in the US, she has to pay taxes on money earned there. Some countries have tax treaties- Mexico ad Canada do, but I still have to pay taxes in both countries- it's just that I can't be double-taxed. If the tax rate is 5% in Mexico, and 15% in Canada, Canada will deduct the 5% I've paid in Mexico and charge me 10%.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Sarah977 @Helen3  OP is right - unfortunately Brazil has not signed a treaty with the US to exempt citizens from double taxation.  

@Ive7 Are you a US citizen or do you have dual citizenship?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ann72,

I think that @Ive1166 isn't a US citizen or permanent resident, because she only has an ITIN.  Per the IRS, "An ITIN, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, is a tax processing number only available for certain nonresident and resident aliens, their spouses, and dependents who cannot get a Social Security Number (SSN). It is a 9-digit number, beginning with the number "9", formatted like an SSN (NNN-NN-NNNN)."  Airbnb is requesting that she provide a US government issued ID to maintain her current payout method.

@Ive1166, do you have a PayPal account that you can choose as your payout method instead of a bank account?