Payout Not Released, WHY?

Answered!
Ana31564
Level 2
Pasig, Philippines

Payout Not Released, WHY?

I'm having this problem right now. I'm beginning to lose my patience waiting for my payout. It's my first time to host and luckily got my first booking last July 05 for 83 days (July 05-Sept 26) I am super excited since it's my first. I trust Airbnb and the opportunity they give to hosts like everyone here. Two weeks have passed, going three weeks but until now, I haven't received any single penny with Airbnb. My excitement is gone already and I'm in the verge of losing my trust to the platform. Please help to resolve my payout issue as like everyone, I need to pay my electricity bills, monthly dues, and water bills, then what? No resolution yet for my much awaited payout. Sad Sad Sad, super sad 😞

Hope you can help me on this Ms. @Emilie thank you!

1 Best Answer

Hi @Farah138  and everyone, I am happy to update that I already resolved this case. What I did was I downloaded PAYONEER app and make it my payout method and currently enjoying my smooth transaction with AirBnb 🙂 

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13

Hi @Ana31564 !

We don't do monthly stays, so not sure about payout policy for new hosts. Did find an Airbnb Help Article that says if you are a new host they may withhold payment for 30days? Not sure if that's why you haven't received your payout yet? May want to contact CS to confirm.

Payouts for Monthly Stays

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/285#section-heading-0-0

"New Hosts

If you’re a new Host, we may hold your payouts for 30 days after your first reservation is confirmed. If your first reservation is more than 30 days away, your payout will be released 24 hours after your guest’s scheduled start date. This will apply to any payouts scheduled for release during those 30 days. "

Thank you Joan for the reply 🙂

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thank you so much, @Helen744 and @Joan2709, for coming to help @Ana31564 . As this can be normal, just as our lovely members already mentioned, I have forwarded your case to the team that can help to check if everything is okay with your account. The Support team will contact you directly if they have any updates.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Update: NO PAYOUT RECEIVED YET

42 days passed already… it’s now Aug 18, way past the 30 days holding period. Its really frustrating 😫🤯😠

At this point, you'll need to deal with CS. I would have the above Help Article ready to go (and quote) to Airbnb when you speak on the phone. I would have a screen shot of your payout screen ready to go to show you have NOT received payment.

Payouts for Monthly Stays

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/285#section-heading-0-0

I would also contact CS by using the "Get Help" link on the actual reservation involved. Go to Reservations/Click Details on the reservation involved. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the "Get Help" option. This will give the agent immediate information on the reservation in question. They are supposed to respond within 24hrs. The benefit of messaging in addition to calling is there is a written record of the conversation.

Contact Support.pngContact CS 2.png

Hi Joan, 

I already have series of follow ups and numerous escalations to multiple CS, so called specialized team, dedicated department etc, but still ZERO. Who wouldn’t be frustrated? 😔😔😔

Anyway, thank you for listening and helping out. Much appreciated 🤓 Posted this as others may be experiencing the same concern…

I am sooo sorry @Ana31564 😥 It's hard for a Host to address an issue on their end, when they don't know even know what the problem is? 

Perhaps one of the Community Managers @Paula or @Bhumika can bring this to the attention of the appropriate team?  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi there @Ana31564, I am really sorry to hear that you are still facing this situation. Although I can't promise much here, I have sent your case to the team to see if there are any updates. Hopefully, this gets resolved soon.

As always, a big thanks to @Joan2709  for looping us in and trying to help Ana.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Nokwethu0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I am having the same problem. I have spent hours on the phone to customer service. I have been escalated so many times, but still no resolution. Part of the problem is that you get a new person each time and they want to start the process over from the beginning. No one takes responsibility for seeing the problem through to resolution. I’m beyond frustrated and disappointed at airbnb

Farah138
Level 2
Sheikh Zayed City, Egypt

Yes i face the same Issue in Egypt 

i went to my Ban & they said your bank account is ok 

i go to Airbnb  customer service they don’t know what is the issue ! But my Bank account is verified so remove your account & add then again 

Guess what ! I did this 3 times before 

Hi @Farah138  and everyone, I am happy to update that I already resolved this case. What I did was I downloaded PAYONEER app and make it my payout method and currently enjoying my smooth transaction with AirBnb 🙂 

Farah138
Level 2
Sheikh Zayed City, Egypt

Thank you so much for replying @Ana31564 

i just updated the payoneer account as someone also recommended it hope it works

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Ana31564 It is worth being aware when you first begin that there may be a months delay . also be aware that you will be paid one month at a time . Generally the day after the month begins but this may also be delayed. It is probably not a good idea to take your first booking for such a long time as the first stays are generally under a twenty per cent reduction and some people may simply wait for these. Also not being  experienced, or not being used to supplying maintenance and cleaning, over a period of time could cause both guest complaints and refunds which will whittle down your margins and therefore your profit . ... good Luck . Please get to know the computer dashboard ... H