Payout blocked as Airbnb cannot verify number

Answered!

Payout blocked as Airbnb cannot verify number

Hello, 

I have been an Airbnb super host for 6 years. My account has been blocked since December 8th 2022  because Airbnb cannot verify my account. Nothing has changed in 6 years but all of a sudden 2 months ago Airbnb blocked my payouts.

Just when I was at e phone with the Customer Service, I noticed that Airbnb has a mistaken area code for Grand Cayman where I am hosting. Instead of adding +1345, it automatically adds +357 and I cannot manually change it. But I can receive Airbnb text messages.

I tried even to change it to another local number, but it says that it cannot be reached (but the phone n is perfectly working). I tried to add a US n. I have but it says it's already in use. 

I called the Customer Service many times and every time I call (last time today), they say they need to escalate to another dept, who is supposed to call me, but they never call or message. 

Does any of you have had this problem recently?

I have already hosted people in January and I haven't received the payout. I have an upcoming reservation in one week, but I told Airbnb I am going to cancel it if they don't do my payout, they told me I will have a penalty. 

Any help from any of you hosts or superhosts will be really appreciated! Thank all of you and Peace of I. Daniela

1 Best Answer

Thanks so much Jenny and thanks to the other hosts who answered me, really appreciated!

After 2 months, today Airbnb unlocked my payments!

A virtual hug to everybody.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Daniela58 

I haven't personally encountered this (yet), but I've seen a few accounts here on the CC where other hosts have, so there is definitely something going on with this. There are also a lot of reports of missing payouts (just do a search here) where no extra verification has been asked for but the payments just stopped and CS won't give any answer. It's always, we'll get back to you... and then no one does. 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Daniela58 

Dont you cancel it, explain to the guest what is happening and get them to them to cancel, That is what I would do, no other airbnb guest would get over my doorstep,

I would love to be able to give you the answer but not many of us can,

It makes me almost reluctant to ever have to call Airbnb CS, just incase somebody decides to suspend my account.

Hope fully someone here can escalate your problem and get it sorted asap, 

Keep us upto date maybe you have some useful info we can pass on,

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can't ask the guest to cancel the booking that would be highly unfair to them as they have booked in good faith and would lose out financially if they cancelled the booking @Sudsrung0  

@Daniela58  appreciate this is a frustrating situation all I can suggest is you stop using Airbnb and use other platforms/take direct bookings while hopefully they sort out the issue

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Daniela58 

I just wanted to let you know that I've passed your concerns within Airbnb to get you some help.  

Please allow them some time to investigate, and then you should hear from them directly.

If they give me any information, I'll send you a private message.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks so much Jenny and thanks to the other hosts who answered me, really appreciated!

After 2 months, today Airbnb unlocked my payments!

A virtual hug to everybody.