Payout not released since Januray 2024- Montreal

Heather1931
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Payout not released since Januray 2024- Montreal

So I have a 5 payouts that have not been release since January 2024, amounting to a total of around 3 000 CAD with Airbnb. Everytime I try to call or chat with Airbnb, they always say they will be "escalating the issue to a specialized team", then I would get no answers. I have been dragged into this back and forth for a half a month already, and I am very tired. My payout method is fine and have been receiving the other payouts. Anyone else facing the same issue? What can i do to get help and actually get paid for my work and my services?

I read on the internet that Airbnb do this on purpose (withholding payouts) to boost their active and show their shareholders what a big fat bank account they have and boost their company value. Anyways, it's terrible they are doing this to the detriments of the hosts who are working hard to make all this happen while not getting paid for their work in a timely maner. Very disheartening. Airbnb have diverted far away from what it used to be. 

3 Replies 3
Heather1931
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Hey Airbnb,

Instead of wasting boosting your image with things like that, how about you start by paying your hosts on time for their work and services. Host are the ones on the field making all this happen and  are the pillar of the model you bulit on.  I am personally a host and living through difficulties because of Airbnb. So I have a 5 payouts that have not been release since January 2024, amounting to a total of around 3 000 CAD with Airbnb. Everytime I try to call or chat with Airbnb, they always say they will be "escalating the issue to a specialized team", then I would get no answers. I have been dragged into this back and forth for a month already, and I am very tired. My payout method is fine and have been receiving the other payouts. 

I read on the internet that Airbnb do this on purpose (withholding payouts) to boost their active and show their shareholders what a big fat bank account they have and boost their company value. Anyways, it's terrible they are doing this to the detriments of the hosts who are working hard to make all this happen while not getting paid for their work in a timely maner. Very disheartening. Airbnb have diverted far away from what it used to be.  Truly Shameful. 

[Post merged by Community Manager to keep relevant  and similar discussions from the author in one place]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Heather1931 ! I'm so sorry to hear you're facing difficulties with your payouts and thank you for sharing your concerns here in the Community with other Hosts. If it helps, I've gone ahead and shared about this payment issue with the Customer Support team to have a closer look and if they can reach out to you directly to offer support.🌻

[On a side note, I noticed your comment on another thread and have merged it to the original discussion here, so that other helpful members can offer insights into your situation. Hope its okay!]

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Called Airbnb again today, and no one knows what is happening either and no one is helping