Pricing

Pricing

Hi, I had my listing per night for 60 per person, however the system calculates that $60 was for all 3 persons for 1 night, what should I do

4 Replies 4
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Shannakay0 🙂

When I try to book your place the price is the same if I book for 1 or for 4 persons. You need to change settings so it says 60$/guest after first guest. You can change the settings under price settings and then choose extra charges - extra guest.

If the reservation is a confirmed reservation I would personally as a host eat the mistake and let the guest stay for the price they paid. It is not the guests fault the listing wasn't updated with the correct prices. You need a good review as a brand new host - that’s the most important thing. If you don't feel comfortable with instant book yet - turn it off for a while. Then you will get requests from guests and will be able to see mistakes before a reservation is  confirmed and also you got the change to communicate a bit with the guest to see if it a good fit for you and the guest.

What I would do is nothing but greet the guest. Asking for more money after a booking is confirmed is not okay and it could easily lead to a bad review. Cancelling out on a guest is also not a good idea - you will get penalized 50$/100$ fee and it will say on your profile that you cancelled a reservation on your listing. So best option is to eat the reservation and update your settings :-). 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

As @Sandra856  says I think you have to suck it up this time. I would go further and ask if it really makes sense to price in the way you describe. Your whole lovely place could end up being rented for $60/night if only one person books and yet you could have made $240/night if you had priced it for the whole place..

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

I agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 when it comes to the price setting. I believe most guests would think it is a huge extra fee /extra guest. Better set a higher price for the house /1 person and then maybe an extra fee for extra persons 🙂 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

The other problem you will create with charging 60 per person is a few less honest guests will book for 1 person and sneak an extra 3 in which will just generate bad feeling all round