Providing Bedding

Providing Bedding

In the pandemic do we have to provide bedding and towels as all of our French guests want to bring their own?

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Riverside1 As long as you have it clearly stated in messages between you and your guests that they will bring their own it shouldn't be a problem. Whether you should reduce your cleaning fee for the guests who bring their own is another matter.

Thank you for your response. It's very helpful. Regards Jayne

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Are 100% of your guests from France @Riverside1 

If not and you don't provide linens, then you will limit those who want to stay with you.

I would suggest you could offer a discount to those providing their own linen and then follow Airbnb's advice on cleaning and linens for those who need linens provided.

Thank you for your response. It's very helpful. Regards Jayne

@Riverside1  Linens and towels tend to be default "essentials" for an Airbnb, so I think it's important to make them available. But if guests announce that they'd like to bring their own, it should be sufficient to leave a fresh change of linens neatly folded in a visible place, rather than making the beds.

I'd personally discourage offering any kind of discounts to those who bring their own linens. It will happen at times that these guests underestimate their needs wind up needing to use some of your own supplies anyway, or leave behind stains that require more effort to clean because they didn't make the bed properly. (Of course a waterproof mattress protector is non-negotiable).  Catering to the guests' stated needs is one part of the hospitality, but at times the more important is anticipating the needs they hadn't thought about.

Darcy95
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

I have just started offering a discount to guests who opt to bring their own linens. The first guest I offered it to immediately wrote back interested in taking part.