QR Codes in Victoria

Cheryl121
Level 2
Cowes, Australia

QR Codes in Victoria

We have 2 cabins on Airbnb in our backyard (located in Victoria).  Do we need to register for the QR codes that the government is promoting?

1 Reply 1
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

I’m not sure @Cheryl121  if they are needed in Victoria or even here in Darwin for basic Airbnbs. 

Are you listed as a business with an ABN? That may require a different response as a business/ commercial concern. I’m not listed as a business at this stage so haven’t gone down that path.

However, for your own protection ( both physically and legally), you probably should create a risk management strategy in the form of a risk assessment or /& a Covid19 plan. Have it documented, that is in print.

I have made adjustments in my homestay space and shared spaces (laundry, swimming pool) procedures to meet my own risk management response.

You already have a register of who is attending in your booking calendar. This also gives arrival and departure dates. If you don’t know all the names of your guests, then ask. I ask as part of my Covid19 requirements including the names of children as well, for my welcome board. I also ask if they live where they have originally registered with AIrbnb. Because it’s not always the same…. I ask where they are coming from….. If flying in, I have a better time line. if driving up the highway, through communication, I get a sense of when they left their state - which helps with any hot spots or change of information concerns.

I also mention they will have a hard copy of a Covid19 checklist declaration to complete on arrival. This is to also protect my family in case someone has travelled from a hot spot area, or even an area which is considered a watch and wait/act for the future by the Territory Govt. and send the government links to them, along with the link to the local NT Territory Check In App for QR code scanning at venues etc. Covid19 changes in process and infrastructure.

In the house rules no one else is allowed on site without permission and completing a checklist. I keep the checklists for 28 days, as per privacy requirements and the NT Chief Health Officer (CHO). They then get shredded.

However, I applied to the NT Govt for a QR code my workplace, and received the code - ready for printing within 24 hours.

Hopefully someone “in the know” may have more state or local jurisdictions knowledge. Is there anything on your state Covid web page? 
https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus?utm_campaign=CV19App

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/about-victorian-government-qr-code-service

Anyway, this information may be some assistance.  💐