Refunds/changes due to COVID

Answered!
Clare241
Level 2
Lincoln, United Kingdom

Refunds/changes due to COVID

Hi

I have a strict booking policy but don’t wish to profiteer from COVID.

A guest due to arrive from abroad in mid July has just cancelled.  I am happy to issue a full refund of £265 that I’m due to be paid out, but when I go through the steps on the resource centre, it states that the refund will come from my account.  The property bank account has very little cash in it due to the current pandemic.  Will Airbnb take the money out of my account now? Or should I wait to refund the guest after the check in date?

I also have a repeat guest who comes every August for a specific event.  The event has been cancelled.  Both the guest and myself are happy to change to booking to August 2021.  If I change the dates in the resource centre will that affect my Super Host status?

Many thanks in advance for any advice

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Clare241 For your first guest I suggest you wait until you receive the funds to return them to the guest. Others have reported that if you refund now then whilst Airbnb will/can not take money from your bank it may net the credit off future payments.

For your second issue ask the guest to request a date change then you will have zero risk to your Superhost status.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Clare241 For your first guest I suggest you wait until you receive the funds to return them to the guest. Others have reported that if you refund now then whilst Airbnb will/can not take money from your bank it may net the credit off future payments.

For your second issue ask the guest to request a date change then you will have zero risk to your Superhost status.