Reimbursement for damages -any luck?

Monika635
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Reimbursement for damages -any luck?

Any luck with getting reimbursed from airbb? Very disappointed in airbb and its support for (Super)Hosts.  I’ve had nothing but wonderful 5 star guests so far and a recent guest broke the house rules (brought an extra guest, smoke marijuana and cigarettes on property) yet airbb is giving me, THE HOST a hard time getting the extra cleaning reimbursement AFTER I submitted all receipts/documents as they requested.

Airbb I feel is not for the hosts but for the guests only.  It’s been over 6 weeks and still no reimbursement from Airbb and same generic response in email.  When you call, you get someone who barely speaks English from a call center halfway around the world.  When I mentioned I called several times and keep getting passed off and get emails, they said they have no record of it.  For a huge company like them, this seems odd.

2 Replies 2
Samantha1185
Level 1
Dallas, TX

@Monika635 That sounds awful. Did you by any chance have pictures? I’m not sure it helps with your current problem but for future reference. 

I had a horrible guest a few weeks ago who smoked marijuana in our home but we took pictures of all the residue and we were reimbursed for the extra cleaning fees. That guest didn’t even have the decency to read our messages after he checked out. I completely understand your frustration. 

Tatiana392
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

@Monika635 I am so sorry are going through this situation. Something similar happened to me last year. The guests ruined so comforters and broke the window sill area as they were smoking on the roof ledge. I do not know if it makes a difference but I was alerted by the neighbors so I had messages I had sent the guest without response from them. I also took pictures of all the damage and submitted receipts of everything. I did not get the full amount of the comforter and linens but I got a portion back. They did pay for the full amount of the cleaning and window sill repair. I do know the reached out to the guest first to attempt to collect funds from them. In our case, the guest immediately responded they would not be paying for repairs. We did get reimbursement in about 4 weeks.