Remove my service fee for guest

Hannah965
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Remove my service fee for guest

Hi

I'm new to hosting and as I don't have any reviews as yet a guest has asked if I'd remove my service fee as a goodwill gesture.

I'm happy to do this as I would like some ratings and some guests!

Is there a simple way to do this? Where can I see all the fees listed that the guest sees?

thanks for any help!

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hannah965 You might like to explain to the guest that the service fee goes to Airbnb for providing the platform, marketing etc. As a result you cannot remove said fee but you could provide an equal discount. Its about 14.2%+vat for a short term rental.

Beware though - Guests who ask for, and receive, discounts are often known to be the worst type of guests.....

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hannah965 Sorry I should have said the easiest way to see what a guest pays is to search the area as a guest for the days in question. It also allows you to see if you are competitive with other properties.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I’d look very hard at their profile, feedback received, given etc .  I’m not keen on folks asking for discounts, they usually turn out to be trouble and the requests generally don’t stop at just the discount. 

How many nights, how many people and when? 

@Hannah965 

You have a lovely place! No need to discount to get guests or good reviews. In fact, I agree with @Amanda660 and @Mike-And-Jane0  that this is a guest who is exploiting a new host for personal gain. And you're unlikely to get the review you are hoping for because the potential guest is already showing a lack of respect by asking you to pay their fees. I'm not sure how that is a goodwill gesture?

Best wishes!