Reservations are confirming at lower than 'base ' rate - how to override use tip rate?

Answered!

Reservations are confirming at lower than 'base ' rate - how to override use tip rate?

We have set our 'base' rate at $95/night. We do not have Smart Pricing turned on. All of our reservations are confirming at $75/night. There is a 'Use Tip: $75' message on the page. Is that coming into play? How do I override the Use Tip?

Elissa

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Elissa1642 when you look in your calendar what rate does it show for each night? You just ignore the suggested price (if you want to make money and not attract poor guests)!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Elissa1642 when you look in your calendar what rate does it show for each night? You just ignore the suggested price (if you want to make money and not attract poor guests)!

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Thanks! I didn't realize the price was editable on the calendar! i thought it would populate from the base rate in settings. I went in and edited the prices on the calendar and I think that will do the trick. Thanks again.

Elissa

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Elissa1642 

Your listing show the nightly rate is set to $75,- and not to $ 95,-

Maybe you accepted the "tip" ?

Just go to your pricing section and set the nightly rate to what YOU want it to be (and ignore "tips" from Airbnb).

Please note you have set a fee of $ 5,- for additional guests above the second guest. It means when your max. number of guests (=5) book, price is $ 90,- per night. Maybe this is confusing you ?

Yes, Emiel, you may be right...but I thought additional guest fees would be added to the base rate of $95. Instead, I see in my payout breakdowns that the additional guest fees were added to the rate of $75. I also see that reservations for 2 guests are confirming at $75. How do I set up so that reservations for 2 guests confirm at the base rate of $95 and additional guest fees are added to the base rate of $95? 

Matt4247
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

Hi - I have a similar problem. When we first listed we set the base rate at $185/night...and figured out that was too high.  In the Pricing section we changed the base rate to $150/night (along with some discounts and full-month pricing) but the calendar is still showing $185 as the rate.  I can click a date and manually adjust it down to whatever I want, but it doesn't make sense that it all has to be a day-by-day manual adjustment. What am I missing? I do not have smart pricing turned on.  Thx...

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matt4247 You are not missing anything - It is just how the system works.

The base rate (in smart pricing) sets the rate per night as your calendar opens up even with smart pricing turned off. We find this incredibly useful as it allows us to set a 'safe/sensible' rate ahead of time that we can then edit manually to take into account holidays etc. It would be a problem for us if every time we changed the base rate it overrode all our manually input dates.

I guess Airbnb can't please all of us.

By the way you can highlight a month or more of dates and change them all at the same time.