San Diego hosts facing new 30 day min law

Answered!
Miles9
Level 2
San Diego, CA

San Diego hosts facing new 30 day min law

Hello all, I am a host in San Diego who applied and received my one STR permit for one of my units.  I have a few others that have automatically been set to 30 day minimums leaving me with multiple gaps between existing bookings that can't be filled because of the required 30 day minimum that airbnb automatically enforced onto my listings.  I wanted to reach out to see what others are doing?

I plan to move to a mix of student, nurse and remote worker 30 day + stays on airbnb and possibly acquire a few long term tenants...but I'm left with many existing short term bookings this summer that I don't want to cancel.  I can't even offer to extend their stays with airbnbs new setting.  Please share and inquire on here if you are in the same position, thanks!

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

There will be a transition period when this new 30-day rule will cause gaps in your calendar, because you do have less-than-30 day stays already. But in the future..

You can always rent out your calendar 'monthly'. Of course a minimum 30+ requirement does come into conflict with the month of February, being only 28 days every other year, that is why these long-term laws tend to be 28 days not 30.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Miles9 You certainly need to be in contact with Airbnb and your local council to talk this through. the only bright spot in this would seem to be extending a stay ,as long as it is an extension and not a 'new stay', then it does come under 30 day or more. .. H

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

There will be a transition period when this new 30-day rule will cause gaps in your calendar, because you do have less-than-30 day stays already. But in the future..

You can always rent out your calendar 'monthly'. Of course a minimum 30+ requirement does come into conflict with the month of February, being only 28 days every other year, that is why these long-term laws tend to be 28 days not 30.