Service Fee

Chris14291
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

Service Fee

I can't seem to locate a way to not have the service fee added to the reservation fee - any ideas please. Essentially as a host I want the AirBnB fee to be met by me the host. Help appreciated please.

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Chris14291 This is only available to certain countries around the world or to people who list via a channel manager. I don't think you can just opt in to it.

Chris14291
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

Thanks for the response Mike/Jane - the issue for me is I have set the rent at $500 but when looking at the property for those booking a "service fee" has been added by AirBnB so the potential people booking are seeing the nightly fee as somewhat more than the $500. I can't find anywhere where this can be switched so that the property owner picks up this cost - have you had this experience ?

@Chris14291  You don't seem to have understood Mike and Jane's answer.

You do not have the option to cover all the service fees. You can't find where to switch it because you can't.

Reread the first answer. Host-only fees are only available to some hosts.

On most listings the service fee is added when booking and the guest sees a higher total. Same with the cleaning fee. Guests are used to this, don't worry about it.

@Sarah977 Hi Sarah thanks for trying to help you didn't quite understand what I was asking but appreciated you trying to assist. I have resolved now. Keep well - Chris

@Chris14291  You didn't say you wanted the guest to end up paying 500 in total. If you adjust your nightly rate so the guest does get that total when they book, they are still going to see the Airbnb service fee as a separate line item charged. It sounded like you didn't want them to be charged the service fee, but you can't change that.

@Chris14291 if you highlight a  night in your calendar and then click on the price per night box you will be presented with what the guest pays and what the host receives. This will allow you to reduce your prices to achieve the amount you want the guest to pay.

@Mike-And-Jane0 Thats exactly what I was looking for, seems obvious when you know how. Thanks again Chris