Sharing Local Info...via PDFs?

Answered!

Sharing Local Info...via PDFs?

Hello Hosts,

I am glad to be apart of the Airbnb Community Center. I am looking forward to crowd sourcing great info from this brain trust!

Since we are always attempting to provide guests with an excellent experience, I have put together info that I would like to share via the message thread or guest book or other Airbnb pathway, however, I have found it challenging to post PDFs. One example, I would like to share a live music events schedule that delineates details on where guests can go to listen at venues across town...but I have not found a place to upload the PDF. 

How do you recommend localized information like this can be shared?

Best,

Heather

1 Best Answer
Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I email them an “eat like a local” list of restaurants the day of booking. I just copy and and paste it into the message feed. 

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can share PDFs with guests via the airbnb app on your phone .

personally I include this sort of information on my visitor guide @Heather1659 

@Helen3  How do you do this? I see a way to attach jpegs, and a way to share a google link, but I’m not finding a way to attach a PDF in Airbnb messages.

I don’t want to share a link, because I can’t share it with an individual person since after September we will no longer have our guest’s email aliases (Airbnb is removing the email alias functionality). I’m not comfortable sharing what I need with an “Anyone can view” link.

I suppose I can separate out the customized info (name, stay dates, keycode, etc.) and provide a link to the boilerplate info (maps, directions, etc.) separately. But all of this seems to be a big hassle, IMO. In the past, I have simply sent documents using the email alias.

I did find a way to attach a huge JPEG, by converting my document to JPEG and then merging the individual pages it creates, but again, this would be an unnecessary hassle, IMO.

@Heather1659   PLEASE EXPLAIN:

"after September we will no longer have our guest’s email aliases (Airbnb is removing the email alias functionality)."

If this is in fact true, I will have to leave AirBnB.

I am so with you on this one!  In our technological age, we should be able to, as hosts, share a PDF!  This is completely unacceptable as our entire Welcome Packet, including entry codes to the house, are included with our extensive PDF.

I am glad to see that someone else agrees with me that we may very well have to leave Airbnb with this change!

why put your entry codes in your welcome pack when Airbnb provide a function for you to provide this under self check in @Forrest-And-Krystal0 

seems rather a strange reason to want to leave an STR marketing platform over. 

@Helen3   In my case it is because we do not have good phone service in the mountains -- at least not until the guest can enter the cabin and attach to our Wifi.  They need the Welcome Package PDF with the turn-by-turn map and the door access code.  The App will not help them.

nobars.jpgNo bars

And any company that obstructs, blocks, hinders or otherwise makes it harder to communicate with a guest does not merit my business.

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I email them an “eat like a local” list of restaurants the day of booking. I just copy and and paste it into the message feed.