Signing Waivers?

Answered!

Signing Waivers?

I am getting ready to publish my airbnb. I am curious as to whether or not any hosts use waivers? Does Airbnb post the waiver for you? Do the guests have to sign said waiver before they can book? The property we are getting ready to airbnb has a pond and various types of wildlife, some potentially deadly. We would just like the added protection.

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ellen889  You will need to have in your description that a waiver will be required.  Airbnb will not post it for you, so you will have to send it to your guest for signing prior to their arrival.  As you need a signed  waiver, you may not want to do instant book, and you will want some lead time on arrival dates.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ellen889  You will need to have in your description that a waiver will be required.  Airbnb will not post it for you, so you will have to send it to your guest for signing prior to their arrival.  As you need a signed  waiver, you may not want to do instant book, and you will want some lead time on arrival dates.

Thank you for your advice!

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Ellen889  It might be just me but signing a waiver about potentially dangerous wildlife would scare the bejesus out of me and make me look for a vacation rental elsewhere. What exactly would the waiver say?

Not sure yet how we would word the waiver, but if Airbnb is unable to post it for me and have it signed via their website before booking, not sure if I even want to deal with the hassle. I am hoping people have enough common sense to be precautious around the pond. Also, as far as the wildlife goes, we are in the land of rattlesnakes, copperheads, mountain lions and various other wildlife. This property is secluded, surrounded by 5000 acres of crop and woodland without a road. Firstly, I don't want anyone getting hurt, but along side that, I don't want to be held financially responsible if they are. 

I have not even published the site yet and I am just trying to get my ducks in a row and cover all the bases. I have no idea what kind of luck I am going to have with guests. I am really emphasizing that this property is really for the outdoorsy type or at the very least for people who want to get away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy the outdoors without interruption.

@Ellen889 It sounds like you are taking the right approach. Whilst there are always exceptions most people booking an isolated place will be more than capable of not doing anything stupid. I think most issues on Airbnb are in towns.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ellen889 As long as your insurance company doesn't want a waiver I personally wouldn't bother. Just make sure people are aware of any dangers in your listing and you should be good to go.

Thank you very much for the advice!!