Slooooooow bookings?

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Slooooooow bookings?

My bookings have fallen off a cliff the last 3-4 weeks.  4 cancellation in the last week and zero bookings or enquiries with May and June looking particularly’meh’.

Anyone finding similar or are things looking a little brighter with you? 

3 Replies 3
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Amanda660   We are fortunate to be fully booked right through to the end of September (3 night min) with the exception of a few odd days here and there and the first week in July.  However, the majority of guests booked seem to be attending local events and weddings, visiting family locally or are repeat guests.  I have also noticed many Hosts complaining on social media about business being very slow and have come to the conclusion that 1) As travel restrictions ease people are tending to go back to travelling abroad 2) Due to the cost of living going up people are being more careful and 3) Due to the need to ‘staycation’ during the Pandemic I noticed a big rise in prices within the U.K. for self contained accommodation and many of these prices have not come down even by a little (most likely due to increased energy costs)  It is understandable that a family of four who can find an ‘all inclusive’ holiday abroad for less than a self catering holiday within the U.K. will take that option.  Your listing looks great and seems to be reasonably priced as well so hopefully you will get some bookings soon!

Kyle148
Level 3
North Las Vegas, NV

@Amanda660 @Branka-and-Silvia0 Exactly the same experience for me. I started my Airbnb in Las Vegas Nevada in April of 2018. Since the first day my listing became active, I have never had a single vacant weekend ever - not one in 4 years. And usually I've always been booked up at least 2 months in advance. This year, booked solid up until the end of May and then NOTHING for June and nothing the rest of the year - only one weekend booked in June (and June is only a week away) and one booking in July. I tried checking my listing to see if anything was wrong, I called Airbnb and they said everything is normal and nothing has changed. But clearly something is going on. I've considered it could have something to do with the state of the economy, inflation, gas prices, food prices, etc. But it is really weird and it started right after the changes with the Airbnb summer thing. As a result of the slow down, I am clearing out my things and putting the house for sale next month. I'm devastated and heart broken over it, but I can't afford to not be booked and now is the time to sell if I have to... What a huge disappointment...especially if Airbnbs changes are responsible for it.

Ericdnw0
Level 2
South Pasadena, CA

hello all, just wandering if the booking has picked up for any of you.   It's very slow for me right now.