Special Offer

Answered!
Jessica149
Level 2
Cathedral City, CA

Special Offer

A guest sent a Request for a reservation but only listed himself, one person, for the reservation. However, it will be him, his wife and his child. I accepted the reservation and amended the guest count to 3 which then raised the price considerably. I'd like to send them a special offer. Can I do that after I've accepted the reservation?

Thank you in advance!

1 Best Answer

@Jessica149 No, unfortunately you made a mistake that compounded the guest's mistake. When you hit Accept, it locked in the price that was displayed in THE booking form.

What you can do now is go to Your Reservations > Change Booking, and submit a request to account for the correct guest count and price. But if the guest ignores or declines this request, the booking remains as is unless one of you cancels it.

If this happens again in the future, decline the request and then send a Special Offer with the correct parameters. That way, you don't have your calendar blocked up with an incorrect reservation that might not hold when the guest knows the full price. 

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Jessica149 No, unfortunately you made a mistake that compounded the guest's mistake. When you hit Accept, it locked in the price that was displayed in THE booking form.

What you can do now is go to Your Reservations > Change Booking, and submit a request to account for the correct guest count and price. But if the guest ignores or declines this request, the booking remains as is unless one of you cancels it.

If this happens again in the future, decline the request and then send a Special Offer with the correct parameters. That way, you don't have your calendar blocked up with an incorrect reservation that might not hold when the guest knows the full price. 

Thank you for your reply Andrew. I'm new to hosting and have never sent someone a special offer before. It was a really strange situation. Apparently he was able to see what my previous guests had paid. I was new to Airbnb hosting and Airbnb suggested I offer a considerable discount for the first three months. Somehow this new potential guest saw what had been paid previously and I think he was trying to get that price but he never just came out and asked. He asked a lot of other questions around that and so everything got very muddled while I was trying to help him. We both got very confused because I didn't understand that potential guests could see what others had paid previously.

It was really confusing as is this explanation, I'm sure! Anyway, he canceled this reservation and we started again and I sent him a good offer. So hopefully he'll accept it and be happy with it. Thank you for your response! I really appreciate your help.