Staring over after 3 years need help setting up my profile

Lisa9199
Level 1
Buffalo, NY

Staring over after 3 years need help setting up my profile

I need help on setting up my new airbnb i was a previous Super Host 3 years ago but i had a  medical emergency that set me back so i am back and ready to achieve my goals, if i can get some advice on correcting my profile and home arrangements i much appreciate it.  Thanks Lisa from Buffalo NY 

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Lisa9199 👋

It's fantastic to have you back and I love that you've come to the Community Center to get some advice. It's been a while since you posted so I'm tagging in some of our Hosts who may be able to offer some support and get your listing and profile up and running! 🙌

@Guy991@Bea2137 & @Nash-Cottages-LLC0 - have you got some advice and support to offer @Lisa9199, that you'd be willing to share? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Lisa9199 

Thanks for the vote of confidence @Rebecca!

I'm sorry to hear about the medical emergency but it's great to see you back and ready to pursue your goals. As a previous Super Host, you already have a strong foundation to build upon. The only snag I see is that the Feb 2020 review is the first everyone will read, but it is outshined by all the other glowing reviews. You were obviously doing all the right things.

Three suggestions immediately come to mind:

(1) If you are willing, you might consider sharing the reason for the gap in hosting. What you wrote above is perfect. It's no one's business, but some potential guests may wonder why the gaps exists and addressing it - at least for a bit - might help assuage their concerns.

(2) Take a look at all the updates in the hosting platform. Some things have changed or been moved around in 3 years. For example, Instant Booking is now available to guests who have no bad reviews. You might recall that it was available to guests who had good reviews. That's a big practical difference. 

(3) If you can and have not, publicly respond to your guests' reviews. Say thanks and note if anything has changed. Did a restaurant not make it through covid? Did you purchase new mattresses? You can use the guest reviews to highlight those changes. But, be sure to also update your description. 

Please know that we're all here to support you every step of the way. Could you share some specifics that you'd like feedback on? I'm sure with some collective advice, and your own know-how, we can help you get everything back on track.

Hello @Lisa9199 @Rebbeca

Can you please add a link to the listing?

From the guest profile, the property doesn't appear.
Thanks!