Strict cancellation policy: payout error

Sabina104
Level 2
Prague, Czechia

Strict cancellation policy: payout error

Hello everyone,

please advise. A guest cancelled his stay 17 hours before check in under strict cancellation policy. No extenuating circumstance reported by guest. I should have received 100% payout minus the cleaning fee. I only received 50% payout. 

First Airbnb support Ambassador mentioned "technical glitch" on their side and that he would get back to me. He never did. 

From then on, they keep answering that strict cancellation policy means guests' refund policy as follows: 

- Dec 22, 12:00 PM, (check-in): Partial refund: Get back 50% of every night. Get back all service fees.

- Dec 24, 12:00 PM: Partial refund: Get back 50% of every night after you cancel. If you cancel after 12:00 PM local time, you won't get a refund for that night. No refund of nights you spent or the service fee.

- Dec 25, 0:00 AM, (check-out): No refund

I'm confused as this is not the definition of the strict cancellation policy published on the Airbnb website. 

Any suggestions please? 

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sabina104, have there been any updates on your situation? Did the Support team share any additional information to clarify this?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Sabina104 Is it possible that the guest paid in two part payments and then closed off the second payment before it was due. This has happened to me... H