Superhost account suspended over false accusations by the guest.

Answered!
Alexander1281
Level 2
Wildwood, NJ

Superhost account suspended over false accusations by the guest.

Dear Airbnb community, just want to share my horrible experience here.

I hosted a guest for 1 night stay and the guest turned his stay into a loud party at 11pm with a bunch of unapproved guests, alcohol, music and disrespectful behavior.

I have made a decision and the guest has been removed from the property for violating my house rules and creating a huge disturbance for the neighborhood.

As a result of it the guest made a false accusation that there are cameras inside the apartment and Airbnb special team has suspended my account for a further investigation. I have responded right away to the case and said that those are false accusations and the 2 cameras, that I have at the property are located outside at the common entrance areas and driveway and this information has always been disclosed on my listing. 
I cannot get a hold of anyone from a special team as well as they are simply not responding to my messages in the chat. I understand all the safety measures, but for God sake - please contact the host directly first instead of punishing the business over someone, who clearly wants to harm your business.

It is the middle of the season and regardless of my superhost status and great services - I am out of any help, besides every agent stating - it’s in the process of investigation. What investigation? Investigation of exactly what??? I have hosted thousands of guests over 4 years of being on Airbnb and no one ever said anything like that, which makes this statement clearly a false accusation. 
Please help anyone with anything. Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Alexander1281 ,

I am so sorry to hear about this experience. I reached out to the team as well and got to know that it has been resolved.

Thank you for all the hardwork you put in for your listing and all the very best for your future reservations.🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell Would it be possible to know if any form of Triage is being considered in these situations. If a host like @Alexander1281 removes guests for braking the rules and partying surely an accusation (whilst still investigated) doesn't need to get him suspended.

I appreciate your support guys. It is very stressful situation for me since it’s my business and I support my family with the income. I think there is a huge gap in the system of not being able to communicate with the host first, when such an allegation arises.

You are doing your best to be a super host and provide the best you can to the guests 24/7 and this is beyond my understanding how you get suspended over a word of the guest, who broke multiple house rules and got removed.

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I can’t help you get reinstated, but when you do, definitely do 2 night minimum. It curtails parties for sure, but I still have to be vigilant about undisclosed overnight guests and visitors. No amount of nights will ever stop that entirely. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Alexander1281 ,

I am so sorry to hear about this experience. I reached out to the team as well and got to know that it has been resolved.

Thank you for all the hardwork you put in for your listing and all the very best for your future reservations.🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines