Taxes: Do you handle it yourself or get any help?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Taxes: Do you handle it yourself or get any help?

Taxes.png

Hello everyone,

Being an Airbnb Host comes with its fair share of rewards and responsibilities. One task that can perhaps be a bit daunting is managing your taxes.

For some, the thought of taking care of taxes can make one feel anxious, and perhaps for others it might be a walk in the park. Chances are that you, as a Host employ an accountant to do your taxes for you, and this way they'll save you precious time and find deductions you may have missed, and ensure you're fully compliant.

So, here's the big question: Do you get help with your taxes or do you handle them yourself?

I look forward to reading your comments!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

30 Replies 30
Anne-Jeannette0
Level 3
Oakhurst, CA

As others have said, I use my accountant. I am also a Realtor so I am careful to keep track of my expenses.  I keep a spread sheet of all my monthly expenses for my Airbnb. The receipts are in monthly files folders.  I keep all receipts including groceries, Costco, Home Depo, Lowes etc. My accountant reviews the spreadsheets and determines the correct categories as type of deductible. It is easy to maintain if you set aside a hour or so each week to log in the receipts.