Taxes

Manzara0
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

Taxes

Hi, I have not added any taxes in the "local laws and taxes" tab but I see a "lodging tax" when I check my listing as a traveler.

I thought this might be a local obligation but I checked a few other listings in the same city and they didn't show any taxes, how do I find/remove this additional tax payment?

Like I said, I have checked the "local laws and taxes" tab and checked "taxes" under Account- Payments & payouts.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Manzara0 

I can see on your listing the lodging tax is charged to the guests. That means it must be set in the listing as being a lodging tax and also what the amount is (otherwise the calculation could not be made).

Due to Aurbnb's help pages NO taxes are collected and remitted by Airbnb in Turkey:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2509/in-what-areas-is-occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by...

Please note you must be on "professional tools" (PT) to set the taxes.

Where you on PT before and retracted from it ?

Best regards,

Emiel

Manzara0
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

Hi @Emiel1,

thanks for taking the time, mate.

Whats weird is that I am sure that I had entered the lodging tax in the past, that's why I wasn't surprised to see the taxes in the past, I used to deduct the tax amount from my rates...

I now added new rates for the next year and did not deduct the tax amount because I did see anything in the local laws and taxes tab and I was a bit confused to still see the taxes when I checked the listing as a traveler.

I assume this must be connected to the PT as I am using PT... is there any chance for me to access/modify the taxes without opting out of PT?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Manzara0 

Now it seems to me there is a bug in the software, as i myself also do NOT see in my listings my added local Tourist Tax on the "local law" page, while they are still calculated in the listing.

So i now created a separate post here asking if anybody else is also experiencing this error.

Manzara0
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

Hi @Emiel1,

thanks for looking into this, any news? My properties are currently priced a bit higher than they should be...