There should be a class action lawsuit on AIR COVER

Brittini0
Level 2
Marietta, GA

There should be a class action lawsuit on AIR COVER

If you research air cover you’ll read hundreds of host stories just like mine. 

people agree to open up their homes to strangers under the marketing ploy that is 1 million dollars of air coverage for potential damages only to be completely ignored and unsupported for months when they actually need that coverage. It’s a gimmick and a scam and legal recourse is in order! 

26 seconds ago

I have had an almost identical situation but it’s now been MONTHS that the air coverage revolutions team has had my case and co to use to do nothing to support me in a resolution. It’s been 3 months and they continue to say “they’re still reviewing my case” yet they imposed a very tight deadline for me to provide all of the following proof for the damage:

- before/after photos 

- original receipts

-replacement receipts 

- professional incident reports 

- professional repair reports (some items they asked for THREE different professional quotes) 

- age of item 

after complying with all requests they’ve offered zero progress or resolution or reimbursement for thousands of dollars worth of damage that my very first Airbnb guest did to my home and my property. It’s crippling to hosts who trust this system to protect them when things go wrong because ever since the new air coverage platform was launched- it’s evident they were trained to evade hosts and not provide legitimate payouts for incidentals. 

5 Replies 5
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

You can find similar posts as yours in here, dating back since its predecessor called "Host Guarantee' started years ago. The only logical explanation is that the business benefit of those two programs far outweighs the quagmire that they have surely caused Airbnb. 

You can speculate all day.   It is not helpful and it doesn't solve anything.  The reality is AirCover is a myth.  All of the Airbnb staff say exactly the same thing after being so helpful on the phone with you, that it goes to another team and they will take care of us.  That other team has a name, it is called "Oblivion."

One shouldn't speculate of the reasons why is there? Really. Air Cover is partly a reality, it is the degree in which is not is what you be fighting. Good luck.

Cherie54
Level 3
Indianapolis, IN

I'm ready to participate in the class action.  Has anyone researched it?  Found an attorney?  I google every now and then and come up with nothing.

Drew-and-Ryl0
Level 2
Richmond, TX

This is my story: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help-with-your-business/Hosts-need-to-be-aware-of-aircover-host-...

I have been fighting with them for 77 days (today). Out of the $20k claim, they offered me $959.50 and they were so proud to say that to me like I should be grateful. If you started a class action already, I want to join. They shouldn’t advertise it and then when we actually need help is avoid us and fight whatever they can find to pay as little. They offered me less than 5% of my claim, i dont even know how they come up with that number. My home is 5 years old, brand new when we bought it, there was no damage to our carpet before the flood/incident happened. Im so shocked!