Unable to use Resolution Center for pet fee unless guest has paid in full?

Jeff1586
Level 2
Rehoboth Beach, DE

Unable to use Resolution Center for pet fee unless guest has paid in full?

Hello Everyone!

We are new to hosting and our learning as we go.  We provide the option for guests to bring dogs and charge an extra fee, daily.  With most confirmed reservations we can send a request for the pet fee through the Resolution Center, the guest pays in a day or two, and all is fine.  But for other guests, it will not allow us to complete the request because the reservation has not been paid in full.  This is the message we get, or something similar      "You won’t be able to send or request additional money from your guest until the reservation is paid in full. If the guest chose to pay for part of the reservation at a later date, no action is required from you, we’ll automatically charge the guest on the payment due date."

Is this the way it works?  If so, how are we supposed to know if and/or when a guest has paid so we can submit the request?  Or are we missing something and there is a better way to do this?  Thanks for any help!

2 Replies 2
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jeff1586I hope you are well!

Yes, when guests choose the split payment method you can't request money until the second payment has been taken by Airbnb.

When I get that message when I am trying to request money, I ask the guest to check and let me know the date of their second payment- and I make the request after that date, all goes through as usual.

Best wishes

Paul.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Jeff1586 Yes that’s right (so annoying). For this reason I request pet fees one week before check-in, with arrival instructions.