Unique Space filter option was removed by Airbnb recently and my listing no longer shows up in a filtered search. Please advice

Answered!

Unique Space filter option was removed by Airbnb recently and my listing no longer shows up in a filtered search. Please advice

Good morning,

Following situation:

My listing is under - Unique space - RV/Camper - Entire place.

Airbnb reduced the general search ( filtered) to House - Apartment - Guesthouse - Hotel eliminating the previous option of unique space.

My listing shows under entire place among 1000+ rentals in my area. When guests use the filter and select one or all of the above categories mentioned to narrow down their search my listing is removed.

I received 1 new booking since the May update. My average occupancy has been 90% for the past 18 months. Down to 50% due to before update reservations.  Soon is will be at 10%.

I asked them to please add back that Unique space filter option or allow me to list under one of the remaining filters.

Any other advice?

Am I allowed to change my property description to House - Home  in order for me to show up in searches?

Thank you in advance for any feeback.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katrin629 I would change the listing to an entire home and then, when the bookings flood in, send a message to the guests asking if they realise it is an RV/camper and asking them to cancel within the 48hr free cancellation period if they did not realise what it was they are booking.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

@Mike-And-Jane0  may i please ask you for your feedback

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katrin629 I would change the listing to an entire home and then, when the bookings flood in, send a message to the guests asking if they realise it is an RV/camper and asking them to cancel within the 48hr free cancellation period if they did not realise what it was they are booking.

Great idea. I will put it inside the automatic guest message that they receive when they make a reservation and ask them to confirm that they know again in my first reply to their reservation. much appreciated