Urgent: Seeking Community Support for Unlawful Account Hold

Silvana540
Level 2
Miami, FL

Urgent: Seeking Community Support for Unlawful Account Hold

Dear Airbnb Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm facing a challenging situation and reaching out to seek support and guidance from the community.

Recently, my Airbnb account has been subject to an unlawful hold. I was advised by my legal advisors to start the resolution process by filing a police report. This unfortunate situation stems from a collection agency's letter, lacking the necessary legal authority, resulting in an illegitimate freeze on my account. Importantly, the letter causing this issue has no connection with Airbnb.

Compounding the matter, Airbnb is holding funds that do not belong to me, necessitating coverage of the frozen amount from my own pocket. The financial strain has led to the regrettable decision to unlist a property I've dedicated three years to developing as a property manager.

It's crucial to understand that, beyond lacking any association with Airbnb, only a judge's sentence can legally request a hold on my account. Despite 30 days of waiting, the absence of a response or assistance will be a significant factor in a legal case involving Airbnb if a resolution is not provided promptly.

I kindly request the community's support in conveying the urgency of this matter to the Airbnb team. The unresolved issue has already led to the cancellation of a reservation, causing considerable stress for the guest, disrupting my commission expectations as a property manager, and impacting the property owner's plans during a peak time of the year. The necessity to unlist the property during this crucial period is adversely affecting everyone involved financially, all due to an illegal action.

Any advice, guidance, or support from the community would be greatly appreciated as I navigate through this challenging situation.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Silvana Carvalho

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Silvana540 I am confused - Who is Liba?

Hi Mike, she is the current owner of the apartment. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry it's not clear in your post what has lead to the suspension of your profile @Silvana540