Use of rooms in townhouse

Use of rooms in townhouse

We have a 3 bedroom townhouse which has been operating for a while now and the response has been great. The townhouse is priced for 4 people with an extra charge for guests greater than 4. We have found that even though the booking states 2 or 4 people every bed in the house is used. Is it reasonable to lock a bedroom if the townhouse is only booked for 2 people. We tried this and got a bad review in terms of accuracy as the thought we were being in accurate by restricting access .

Any advice would be appreciated as there is a lot of extra washing incurred when all six beds are used.

1 Reply 1
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Elizabeth1844 

I would just put the price assuming all 3 bedrooms will be used.

If a guest books a 3 bedroom house, and say only 2 people would come, I would be suspicious. Why not book something smaller and cheaper?.

On a personal note, I usually travel with friends or family. last time we were in Iceland, we booked 3 bedroom houses, as we were 1 couple and 2 single friends - I made a point to state that to the hosts, so they knew from start that I needed all beds made up and all bedrooms would be occupied.