Vacation Rental (Short Term Rental) Insurance for Multi-Family Apartment Buildings.

Vacation Rental (Short Term Rental) Insurance for Multi-Family Apartment Buildings.

I own a 72-unit apartment building in Miami, FL and wanted to start offering STR on some of the units.  My current insurance provider advised me that if I were to do this, my policy would be cancelled.  I am not willing to offer STRs without the proper insurance coverage.  AirCover is not sufficient as a primary insurance company plus there is the issue with assault and battery coverage.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  And if so, could you recommend an insurance carrier that services the STR market?  Thank you.

4 Replies 4
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

At a loss to suggest an insurance company geared towards STR, (except Proper), but one entity I doubt should be viewed as being the 'primary insurance company'  is Airbnb's newly minted AirCover. It is more geared toward small disputes of property damage by guests. Assault & battery are certainly a whole other realm.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Fernando1944  An independent Insurance Agent may be able to research available insurers for you and find the best solution.

AirCover is not a solution.

Yes.  I've reached out to a few independent insurance agents and they are on the hunt for a solution.  I also submitted an application with Proper Insurance and am waiting for a response.  Thanks for the feedback.  I will share the information I receive.

Teeandra0
Level 1
Miami, FL

Hello Fernando are you still looking to rent out units for STR ?