Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Want to speak more Experts

Guide me about business documents required

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What business documents are you referring to @Kashif-Ayyaz0 ?

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

You'll need to do some research for your city/town to find out what is required. Some places have a registration process, others you'd need a license or permit... Then the taxes owed will vary as well; many places charge hosts a "hamburger tax" which means you pay a percentage of each guest's revenue to a department of your city for lodging and/or food sold. Some cities send an inspector to the home and walk through with the owner; looking at safety features or issues. If your rental is within a shared/gated community or place that shares walls with another residence, the building owner or superintendent often has rules regarding rentals/subletting. Some neighborhoods limit how many rentals are allowed and have limits on parties and parking. At the very least, you may have to prove ownership or have a business model and have liability insurance to apply for licensing.

**I'm in the USA so these suggestions are based on hosts I am aware of here 🙂

Good luck to you~

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kashif-Ayyaz0, could you kindly elaborate further on your question by providing more information. That way fellow hosts can support and advise you better 😊

I'd also like to link an article about Responsible Hosting in the UK that may be useful to you: 
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1379 

Hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines