What are good Insights numbers? (esp. 1st page impressions)

Answered!
Robert6709
Level 2
Round Rock, TX

What are good Insights numbers? (esp. 1st page impressions)

Hi all! Newer host here. I'm managing an STR listing as well as a longer stay listing (30 day +).

Both listings went live mid-May, so we're just past the 1 month boost period.

My main question is simply what good stats should look like, I really have no benchmark to compare to.

And if you have any additional feedback on any of the stats, it's welcome!

Our STR stats have dipped noticeably so I'll be working to see what I can do to improve that, but I'm not sure if the past week is still good numbers...?

Thanks in advance for any input!

STR stats:

First Month

1st page impressions: 46.4%

Search to Listing: 17.8%

Listing to Booking: 1.58%

Past Week:

1st page impressions: 37.1%

Search to Listing: 9.5%

Listing to Booking: 1.28%

Longer Stay Stats:

First Month

1st page impressions: 66.8%

Search to Listing: 10.23%

Listing to Booking: 1.76%

Past Week

1st page impressions: 71.8%

Search to Listing: 8.4%

Listing to Booking: 2.42%

1 Best Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Robert6709 ! Thank you so much for sharing this in the Community. It's definitely important to understand these metrics, and even though they can vary based on multiple factors, they can provide valuable insights on how to improve your listing. I am tagging two of our most experienced hosts here to see if they have any advice or suggestions: @Lorna170 and @Pat271 

By the way, I wanted to share this article with you on 👉understanding performance data for conversion. It might provide some additional helpful information.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Robert6709 ! Thank you so much for sharing this in the Community. It's definitely important to understand these metrics, and even though they can vary based on multiple factors, they can provide valuable insights on how to improve your listing. I am tagging two of our most experienced hosts here to see if they have any advice or suggestions: @Lorna170 and @Pat271 

By the way, I wanted to share this article with you on 👉understanding performance data for conversion. It might provide some additional helpful information.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thanks for the tags Paula.

I have background in web marketing, so I understand very well what the metrics mean, my main curiosity is what are good benchmarks to compare to which I'm sure varies by listing type, market, etc., but a little bit of input from experienced managers would be very helpful.

Wondering if you ever found a good answer, Robert.  I was looking as well. 

Hi @Paula! I had a follow up question related to the performance data hosts have access to. It looks like the performance data is only available to hosts with more than one listing. Do hosts who just have a single listing have access to data about their impressions, listing views, etc? Thanks so much for any information you can provide! Thanks, Erin