When other cities come up in searches before your own

Answered!

When other cities come up in searches before your own

I see this has been discussed before and a moderator disabled it. If it was a big enough issue to inspire interference, the interference should have been to fix it rather than kill the thread. I like Airbnb and rarely complain but this is justified and should have been fixed with the 2022 winter release.
When I search for availability in my city, I get places to stay in adjoining cities way before I see the majority of what is available in my city. These cities have separate zip codes and it can't be that difficult a fix because of that.
Now, if someone plugs in Tri-Cities instead of one of the 3 cities then I get it (because that search should bring in all the zip codes). But that is not the case.
I see it is happening all over the country by the responses to the other post that was disabled. I sure hope you will include this fix in the 2023 Spring fix.

1 Best Answer

I have been in touch with Airbnb Support. I was told it is a known bug and they are working on it. They are not sure when it will be fixed.

Regard:  zoartphoto.com

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tamara682 presumably the map covers all three cities. I assume if you zoom the map in it only shows the city zoomed into.

It does but that is not the point, especially if someone is not very familiar with the area.
The point is that if someone is specific enough to list a city - they should get only the options in that city first; not everything around it before  all city listings are shown.

Map or no map.

I have been in touch with Airbnb Support. I was told it is a known bug and they are working on it. They are not sure when it will be fixed.

Regard:  zoartphoto.com

Thank you - apparently they are not in a hurry about it considering how long it has been that way.

I'm just find out today that as a Super host, eighteen other properties are coming up before mine in a town twenty miles away. It appears that this is being done by listing cost, as all the other rates are extremely higher than mine. They are not trying to correct this, it's being done by design. I haven't had a booking since January, and I thought I would be safe to take a leave of absence while taking chemo, and instead I got taken to the cleaners.